Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommys with super tall skinny young girls...

Posted by   + Show Post

The little one on the left is my 6 year old she is super tall and thin and all arms and legs. I am having a heck of a time finding clothes for her right now she is wearing size 7 pants cinched up as far as they will go and are starting to get too short already!! She looks like she has a load in her pants all the time because they are so baggy in her butt. I can't put this kid in a size 8 pants they will hang off of her!
So if your kiddo is tiny and tall like mine what kind of pants do you out on them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Replies (41-50):
Jrogillio
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM
My dd is 7 she's 39 pounds she is in a 6 slim tho

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Slim sizes are too big, 7slim is huge on her she's like 4'5" and 39 pounds

Quoting Jrogillio:

Slim sizes. 8slim

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melbornj
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Gap slim fit or Bongo.

-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM

My daughter is tall but she is solid like her dad. 

I on the other hand was tall and skinny...well I still am and always had trouble finding clothes. :-/

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I buy them in a size 8 and make sure they are adjustable. But most of the time she wears skirts with tights.

BlessedBeX3
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Usually NOT jeans. My oldest dd is like that too (she's 4 1/2) and usually its comfy pants for her (like the velour jogging pants) she has one pair of jeans that are meant to be fitted but they are baggy as hell on her lol

kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I agree with the short, medium and long. I don't have tall skinny girls. I have tall skinny boys instead. 9 y/o ds is in a 10, almost a 12 because of length. He's probably more of an 8 in the waist. Almost 7y/o is in a 7x and is still a 4 or 5 in waist.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Yeah she wears a 7slim if I can find it still cinched all the way up. But they just clear her shoes. They need to make little kids clothes in short regular and long!

Quoting Sassy01:

When i was that age I wore slims, such as 7slim. I would suggest seeing if they still make that type of sizing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaskedMomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM

we're having the same issue.we just deal with it like you.or put her in tights or leggings under a jean skirt that I sewed some lace or more materal to it to make it longer. I get her the 6-8 tights but will prob be getting the 8-10 ones next.and a 6 skirt with stuff sewn to it. She just turned 6 and is the tallest in her kindergarden class, she towers over everyone :(

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:47 AM

i have the same problem.  dd is 4 but her waist is a size 2T.  if i put her in a 3T, the pants are too short but a 4T is too big and a little short.  so i buy 5T cotton elastic waist pants and roll them over.  not the most comfortable but they fit her length wise.  

MaskedMomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

we also do oversized fitted long sleves with leggings underneath so a size 9 shirt is long enough for a dress with some leggings underneath and a belt at the waist. thats another thing she wears a belt just about every day lol.

she took the belt off but heres an example of an oversized 'fitted' shirt and leggings equaling a dress/outfit for her

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:49 AM
My daughter has to wear 5 slims. She's not extremely tall but she is very skinny.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured