Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was this a miracle or just pure luck? I want to know what the non religion gals think about this

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Last weekend my 5 month old son was making noises in his crib. So I went to go check on him and found the cord of the monitor wrapped all around his neck. Luckily, it was lose so nothing bad happened to him.

He was fine but I think that God and Angels were watching over him when this happened.

When my son was 3 months and wasn't mobile my SO put the monitor in the far corner of the crib.

He thought it would be fine and I trusted him judgement.

But as Sam got older and started moving around alot more, I'm guessing what happened is he saw the light on the monitor and was interested in it. So he held it thinking he could chew on it and rolled over and that's how the cord got wrapped around his neck.

My SO is an atheist. When I asked him, don't you think that there's a God now? I mean our son could have easily choked on that cord and died and I think that God was watching over him.

His answer was: no, there isn't a God. It would be a different story if Sam was an infant and that happened to him.

I don't know, I still think that God and the Angels watched over our son that morning.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Replies (221-230):
mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I think your right I think God was there for your son that day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband convinced me to try some stupid drug while in Berkley at a street festival, it gave me a seizure, then I passed out and everything just stopped. Luckily there was a fire station right there and DH yelled and they came. When I woke up in the hospital I was convinced I was a lizard...

It makes me lol now but it was scary.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol that did sound crazy.. Sorry something bad happened, but at least you gained peace from it. What happened?

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

As insane as this sounds, I died once and it was beautiful. I don't fear it anymore. It was only for a few minutes and the paramedics brought me back but it was amazingly peaceful. I wanted to stay, and tried to then I remembered my DD.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol, you're telling me. I have a huge fear of death, so to believe that there is something afterwards sure would be comforting..but my brain just won't allow such nonsense.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I have tried to believe, I really have I think it would be great to have that crutch. To believe "don't worry god will take care of it" my brain just will not allow it.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

I don't understand it either. If something good happens, praise the lord. If something bad happens, it's not his fault o.O

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Amen...

I do not understand how he can be praised for everything good, but not yelled at for the bad.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Exactly!!! IF he could save a baby, why not all? Why not cure cancer? Why let innocent die...ever?

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

if there was a god wouldn't he save all babies, not just yours?

BeAmour
by Tonya on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this
I call it mothers intuition
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I will be forever greatful to God who gave me a child, sick or healthy. If you choose not to have faith, that is on your shoulders. I can just advice you, that yes, there is God. Other than that, I really can't help you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it is just too hard for people to handle sickness without a crutch. Have a sick kid who is suffering, feel like complete shit because you want your baby to be better. But praying to a fictional diety to end your childs suffering (when this diety supposedly gave the child the illness) somehow makes you feel like you are doing something to actually help your child. Im sorry but thats not the case. And why would this god of yours use an innocent child as an instrument to bring these two parents closer to him? Why would a child be made just to suffer? Its bullshit. If you want t help your sick child get off your damn knees and comfort the baby. Love it, not the magical guy in the sky that doesnt exist.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why insane? If my child is sick, completely suffering and in pain. I keep my faith in God. Ask God to heal my child from suffering. Thank God for giving me this child whether sick or healthy. Thanking God I was blessed with a beautiful child. And I keep praying and praying to God. I didn't condemn God and be hateful saying why did you do this to me?? What kind of God gives me a sick child? No. I am greatful. I am greatful for this little miracle that brought me closer to God than I could ever be. God takes the child to him. The child's suffering ended (like I prayed for). The child is with God and not suffering any longer. Me, I still have my faith. Still greatful I had the chance to meet that child. Still praying to God.  This child will be waiting for me in heaven and I will never be seperated from him again because of my faith that God did whatever he had to do.  If that makes me insane. No problem. 

Quoting nerdymom28:

I will never understand religion. I try and I try....but when people say things like this all I can manage to do is feel bad for them. I'm not trying to personally insult you or anything, but what you just said sounds completely insane.

Quoting Anonymous:

In this case, the child's suffering is a blessing for the parents. His illness is keeping the parents in close connection with God. The parents prayed daily and didn't lose faith. This child will be their door into heaven. He will be waiting for them. 

Quoting msmoody:

Because I have seen a child suffer daily. He felt pain a grown adult couldn't endure. I've seen his deeply religious parents pray daily. What was their crime? Why were they punished and others are not? To say a child doesn't suffer and their death is a punishment doesn't make you an expert on God's reasoning, it just makes you an asshole.

Quoting Anonymous:

What makes me bad? Because I say the children do not suffer? If that makes me horrible, then I accept it.

Quoting msmoody:

You are the worst kind of person.

Quoting Anonymous:

God loved the child. He took the child up to heaven with Him. He probably took the child as a punishment to the parents. 

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

no it's a miricle! the child down the road who died the same way just didn't love god enough to get a miricle SMH

Quoting robibuni:

How about, you just walked in at the right time?

As an Atheist, I'd have to believe with your SO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this

I think you should read the instructions that came with the monitor. It wasn't a miracle, it was luck. Thank goodness your baby is ok.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Good question and I dont have an answer. I believe sometimes people who have passed on watch over us but idk. I think this wasnt divine intervention. OP heard a noise and it didnt sound right somehow.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelenia
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
this happy agrees, divine intervention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I am on the fence when it comes to an afterlife, that show about the medium blows my mind.

Quoting MicheleJM:

Good question and I dont have an answer. I believe sometimes people who have passed on watch over us but idk. I think this wasnt divine intervention. OP heard a noise and it didnt sound right somehow.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

angelenia
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
*happy pagan*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Omg that would have been terrifying.. Although i did LOL at the lizard part!!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

My husband convinced me to try some stupid drug while in Berkley at a street festival, it gave me a seizure, then I passed out and everything just stopped. Luckily there was a fire station right there and DH yelled and they came. When I woke up in the hospital I was convinced I was a lizard...

It makes me lol now but it was scary.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol that did sound crazy.. Sorry something bad happened, but at least you gained peace from it. What happened?

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

As insane as this sounds, I died once and it was beautiful. I don't fear it anymore. It was only for a few minutes and the paramedics brought me back but it was amazingly peaceful. I wanted to stay, and tried to then I remembered my DD.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol, you're telling me. I have a huge fear of death, so to believe that there is something afterwards sure would be comforting..but my brain just won't allow such nonsense.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I have tried to believe, I really have I think it would be great to have that crutch. To believe "don't worry god will take care of it" my brain just will not allow it.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

I don't understand it either. If something good happens, praise the lord. If something bad happens, it's not his fault o.O

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Amen...

I do not understand how he can be praised for everything good, but not yelled at for the bad.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Exactly!!! IF he could save a baby, why not all? Why not cure cancer? Why let innocent die...ever?

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN