Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long do you keep....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

your children in a rear facing carseat?

A forward facing seat? 

A Booster?

Im a stickler when it comes to carseats. My 4 year old is still in a forward facing 5 point harness because she still fits perfectly fine. 

I know some parents whom have their 3 and 4 year olds in booster seats. 

I know some extremely lazy parents who have their kids that are 4 years and up in no booster seats! Makes me so mad. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Rf until 3+ a little. Then high back boostered at 4 out of necessity :-(
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Ff until 10 mths
Forward for life
Booster till about 3 yrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Ds4 is still in a 5 point harness, but he may be going to a high back booster soon :( and ds1 is def still rfing and will be for what looks like a long time lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM

embarrassed Only until 10 months? The law is 1 year and 20lbs., the AAP recommends until 2 years and 30lbs.

Quoting Buggy979:

Ff until 10 mths
Forward for life
Booster till about 3 yrs

Firenygirl180
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM

DS rf until 16.5 months.  And I will say the only thing more convenient about it is getting him in and out of the car.  It is about 10 times harder to hand him things or take things from him now.  He will stay in a 5pt harness as long as he can, We are trading in the crappy seat in my car for a better one that will fit him longer in February.  The new baby will rf as long as possible and then will be harnessed as long as possible.  

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

rear facing to about 3..5 pt harness until they dont fit...to 5 or so. booster until they are about 12.

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol she is now 21 so the law back in the day was different and I did it with my two younger ones... Oh no they are still alive too...

Quoting banana-bear:

embarrassed Only until 10 months? The law is 1 year and 20lbs., the AAP recommends until 2 years and 30lbs.

Quoting Buggy979:

Ff until 10 mths

Forward for life

Booster till about 3 yrs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I understand the law was different and I don't ever recall being in a child seat. But we were the lucky ones who made it through :o) I mean, even thinking about the amount of distracted drivers now is unreal compared to even 10 years ago. People paid more attention to driving back then (21 years ago) than they do today. And I thought you still practiced the RFing until 10 months....there is no way I would have thought you had a 21 year old just by look at your avatar picture.

Quoting Buggy979:

Lol she is now 21 so the law back in the day was different and I did it with my two younger ones... Oh no they are still alive too...

Quoting banana-bear:

Quoting Buggy979:

Ff until 10 mths

Forward for life

Booster till about 3 yrs

GaleJ
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM

My son was in a chair type booster until he was around eleven, he was rather small and quite slight back then. He was comfortable in it because it made it easier for him to see out of the window and because it made sitting in the car, especially given the length of our commute back then, much more pleasant.

The funny part is now he has trouble sitting in a car comfortably as well...but for a very different reason. Now he is over six foot, four inches, still rather lanky with very long arms and legs and so he doesn't fit in many cars. I kind of think of him as Goldilocks in relationship to fitting in cars, years ago the cars were toooo big, now they're often too small, hopefully he'll be able to enjoy his extended Trailblazer that is just right for a long time because really he is never going to fit in any of these smaller cars.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

It is crazy the amount of distracted drivers there are these days! I just witnessed a rear ending on the highway today coming home from work. it was heavy traffic and the lady was going at least 40 mph. smashed into the completely stopped car infront of her. the entire front end of her car and the back end of the other were completly smashed! I hope they were wearing their seatbelts!

Quoting banana-bear:

I understand the law was different and I don't ever recall being in a child seat. But we were the lucky ones who made it through :o) I mean, even thinking about the amount of distracted drivers now is unreal compared to even 10 years ago. People paid more attention to driving back then (21 years ago) than they do today. And I thought you still practiced the RFing until 10 months....there is no way I would have thought you had a 21 year old just by look at your avatar picture.

Quoting Buggy979:

Quoting banana-bear:

Quoting Buggy979:

Ff until 10 mths

Forward for life

Booster till about 3 yrs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)