Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long do you keep....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

your children in a rear facing carseat?

A forward facing seat? 

A Booster?

Im a stickler when it comes to carseats. My 4 year old is still in a forward facing 5 point harness because she still fits perfectly fine. 

I know some parents whom have their 3 and 4 year olds in booster seats. 

I know some extremely lazy parents who have their kids that are 4 years and up in no booster seats! Makes me so mad. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Thanks for the compliment, I think... I'm sorry but you are preaching to someone who will ff their grandkids. My boss even ff her Dd at 11 mths and omg that was last year 11/2011.. she was so much more happier to see the world than looking at the sky backwards...

Quoting banana-bear:

I understand the law was different and I don't ever recall being in a child seat. But we were the lucky ones who made it through :o) I mean, even thinking about the amount of distracted drivers now is unreal compared to even 10 years ago. People paid more attention to driving back then (21 years ago) than they do today. And I thought you still practiced the RFing until 10 months....there is no way I would have thought you had a 21 year old just by look at your avatar picture.

Quoting Buggy979:

Lol she is now 21 so the law back in the day was different and I did it with my two younger ones... Oh no they are still alive too...

Quoting banana-bear:

embarrassed Only until 10 months? The law is 1 year and 20lbs., the AAP recommends until 2 years and 30lbs.

Quoting Buggy979:

Ff until 10 mths

Forward for life

Booster till about 3 yrs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_boy
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM
My son is 6. He out grew boosters. He is the size requirement to be able to sit w/o one. I only know because ive gotten pulled over and was not given any hassle. Hes as tall as 8-9 year olds and is about 85 lbs
My dd on the othr hand is in a high back booster at age 4 and will continue to be until she out grows it. Shes only 35 lbs and anout 40 " tall

Quoting MamaPeanut:

This is incredibly unsafe, you can literally kill your child.

NO child should be in a booster until at least 4 and 40 pounds, but realistically around age 6.

All kids need to be in a booster until at least age 8, but most need one until 10-12.

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

I rf till 1, ff till 3, high back till almost 5

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM
I rf my older one until 23 months then he was too tall in that seat (past 97th percentile) he will 5 pt until he reaches the height limit on his harnessed booster
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Wow...

Quoting Buggy979:

Thanks for the compliment, I think... I'm sorry but you are preaching to someone who will ff their grandkids. My boss even ff her Dd at 11 mths and omg that was last year 11/2011.. she was so much more happier to see the world than looking at the sky backwards...

Quoting banana-bear:

I understand the law was different and I don't ever recall being in a child seat. But we were the lucky ones who made it through :o) I mean, even thinking about the amount of distracted drivers now is unreal compared to even 10 years ago. People paid more attention to driving back then (21 years ago) than they do today. And I thought you still practiced the RFing until 10 months....there is no way I would have thought you had a 21 year old just by look at your avatar picture.

Quoting Buggy979:

Lol she is now 21 so the law back in the day was different and I did it with my two younger ones... Oh no they are still alive too...

Quoting banana-bear:

embarrassed Only until 10 months? The law is 1 year and 20lbs., the AAP recommends until 2 years and 30lbs.

Quoting Buggy979:

Ff until 10 mths

Forward for life

Booster till about 3 yrs

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM

tsk tsk

Quoting Buggy979:

Quoting banana-bear:

Quoting Buggy979:

Quoting banana-bear:

Quoting Buggy979:

Ff until 10 mths

Forward for life

Booster till about 3 yrs

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM
:)

Quoting Anonymous:

tsk tsk

Quoting Buggy979:

Quoting banana-bear:

Quoting Buggy979:

Quoting banana-bear:

Quoting Buggy979:

Ff until 10 mths

Forward for life

Booster till about 3 yrs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SevenKisses
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Oh there are plenty of people who are doing it wrong. The joys of not being educated, or just lacking a brain cell or two.

I would like to say I keep them to all the maximums, but I did turn my 3 year old FF a bit sooner than I wanted. He probably could RF until he was 5-6. I am keeping him harnessed for a VERY long time though, and then boostered when he is ready.

banana-bear
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

It was a compliment - saying you look good for your age. Question for you....is there a reason why you want to FF so early? Do you not believe in the science of RF'ing? I feel sorry for your boss to be so misinformed that she put her infant's life at risk. Maybe she will learn how to do better in the future. And kids RF'ing can see just as much of the world as FF'ing kids. Besides, I'd rather have a living baby than a dead baby who I *thought* was happier seeing the road in front of them (because there really is no way of knowing that an 11 month old is happier FF'ing compared to RF'ing by them telling you they can "see the world").

Quoting Buggy979:

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM
My dd went forward facing at 3, DS 18 months is rearfacing still. I plan to keep my kids in 5 point harness as long as possible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sweets32285
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:04 AM
My daughter is 6 and she just moved to a high back booster last fall. My son is 4 and he will be harnessed for a few more years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)