Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dr. Cafemoms - question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I have low muscle tone and my hip rotates out of place. Well, it's been months and months since I've had any problems but yesterday I shoveled the driveway so today I was being careful but still managed to pop it out of place. The only difference this time is that immediately after the pop, I got light headed, almost fainted and my ears are ringing. Kinda scary. :/

No health insurance. Never fainted before. I'm not in any serious pain, as long as I don't move my hip wrong. I'm scared to try to pop it back (like I normally do right away) because of almost passing out. 

So, opinions on lightheadedness and ringing ears? 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM

sounds like you actually dislocated it, you need to go to the ER

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM

It's not dislocated, at least I assume it's not because that sounds wildly painful :)  I'm not really in any pain. Not anything unusual for when this happens anyways (2-4 times per year). 

Quoting shivasgirl:

sounds like you actually dislocated it, you need to go to the ER

tarakay0417
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Sounds like you should go to the er.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kate80
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM
You could be compressing a blood vessel. Lack of oxygen to your brain makes you light headed. Does changing you position help? Are you still even light headed? Even worn a brace or anything when doing physical things?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM

When it popped, my muscles stiffened like they normally do and I leaned against the table for support. As the dizziness was getting worse I headed towards my phone on the couch and by the time I got to the couch it started to ease up. It's been a half hour or so and I'm not light headed anymore but my ears are ringing slightly still.

I've worn hip/back support braces before, during each round of physical therapy I go a couple weeks wearing them. My hip is not a constant issue, luckily, it's just if I do things like carpet clean or wear stupid shoes or...shovel the driveway, lol. Then I throw it out of place. I'm only concerned about almost passing out....blood clot, or nerves or something, I don't even know. 

Quoting kate80:

You could be compressing a blood vessel. Lack of oxygen to your brain makes you light headed. Does changing you position help? Are you still even light headed? Even worn a brace or anything when doing physical things?

kate80
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Sounds like a bp situation. Orthodontic hypotension is the drop of bp caused by change in positioYou may not be in pain but it sounds like you may be in a little bit of shock. Elevate your feet and lay down. If symptoms persist contact me again. I am not a Dr. BTW I spent many years as a medic and I am currently studying holistic medicine and working on my nursing degree. I do know a lot about the human body and you didn't have many replies :)

Quoting Anonymous:

When it popped, my muscles stiffened like they normally do and I leaned against the table for support. As the dizziness was getting worse I headed towards my phone on the couch and by the time I got to the couch it started to ease up. It's been a half hour or so and I'm not light headed anymore but my ears are ringing slightly still.

I've worn hip/back support braces before, during each round of physical therapy I go a couple weeks wearing them. My hip is not a constant issue, luckily, it's just if I do things like carpet clean or wear stupid shoes or...shovel the driveway, lol. Then I throw it out of place. I'm only concerned about almost passing out....blood clot, or nerves or something, I don't even know. 

Quoting kate80:

_cloudy_
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:39 PM
It's AIDS
kate80
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Hate auto type!!! Orthostatic- orthodontic is teeth lol.

Quoting kate80:

Sounds like a bp situation. Orthodontic hypotension is the drop of bp caused by change in positioYou may not be in pain but it sounds like you may be in a little bit of shock. Elevate your feet and lay down. If symptoms persist contact me again. I am not a Dr. BTW I spent many years as a medic and I am currently studying holistic medicine and working on my nursing degree. I do know a lot about the human body and you didn't have many replies :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kate80:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I knew it :( Well, that, or I thought I may be morphing into a unicorn. 

Quoting _cloudy_:

It's AIDS

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I'm confused, are you saying that it's possible that my hip is compressing a blood vessel which is causing issues with my blood pressure which is what made me dizzy? 

I was being sarcastic - we are all doctors on cafemom :) :) I definitely appreciate your input!!!! 

Quoting kate80:

Hate auto type!!! Orthostatic- orthodontic is teeth lol.

Quoting kate80:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kate80:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)