Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do i find out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I think we have mice living under iure counters. I hrard something yesterday and didn't think anything of it until I heard it again today. It moved from right by the stove to a few feet to the right of the stove. It sounded like it was in the cabinet so I took everything out of the cabinet but there was nothing there. And no evidence that there ever were mice in there. So thats why I think its under the counter.

How do I get rid of them or even find out if they're actually there, if I can't get under my.cabinets?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:21 AM

actually try pulling out the stove.  When we had a mouse, the hole was right behind the stove.  They have those pellets that come in little bags, that you throw in areas you have heard it and then they eat it and die or the more humane thing would be the glue traps, but you would still have to get the mouse afterwards and they can sometimes escape those as well.  Look underneath your cabinets because the hole may still be there but you just dont see it.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Look for this...it small black rice looking pellets. It is RAT SHIT

If you see this behind your stove or in your cabinets...you have mice/rats

Call an exterminator or set out those glue traps or the wooden traps that snap. Use Peanut Butter as bait

pattya925
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:35 AM

no glue traps... they are awful :( once had a mouse chew its leg off.  At our last place we used the humane traps and dropped the mouse off in the woods a few miles away.  This time of year its usually field mice trying to come in from the cold... Gross, I agree.. I didn't want them in my house either.

toybar02
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:36 AM
i agree, get some mouse traps put some dcon down and good luck, just make sure to watch your feet just in case it runs out from behind the stove
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:02 AM

get a mouse trap, set it with peanut butter in a dark easy mice accessable area. it sould take minutes

mommamaggi
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't use the poisons; the mice die later and usually in your house where you can't find them and after a few days the stink is unbearable.

3lilindians
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:05 AM

wire  mouse trap & bread covered in peanut butter, put it where you hear the rodent and since you can't get under there just set it close by.

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:23 AM

We had one that chewed it's leg off  in a glue trap then knocked my husband maglight over on it's head.  That poor mouse had a really bad day lol

Quoting pattya925:

no glue traps... they are awful :( once had a mouse chew its leg off.  At our last place we used the humane traps and dropped the mouse off in the woods a few miles away.  This time of year its usually field mice trying to come in from the cold... Gross, I agree.. I didn't want them in my house either.

RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:39 AM

get a cat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN