Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this normal? (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 30 Replies

My son is 18 months old. Today, we were in Boston to go to a doctor's appointment so we had dinner out there. We're at the food court, and we were the only ones in our section. My son then turned away from us and was talking (or trying to talk because he can't really talk) to an empty section next to us. I mean there weren't any tables or chairs where he was talking. Then he started to nod his head and tried to hand over an apple slice and said "apppp?" which is his way of saying apple. My question is, is he too young to have an imaginary friend? What should I do? Should I bring it up to his pediatrician or just brush it aside?

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZazaGoszzy
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:22 PM

BUMP!

smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I think that's the age my DD was when she started making me set a plate for her gigantic, stuffed Elmo.

ZazaGoszzy
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Aww That's cute lol.

Quoting smalltowngal:

I think that's the age my DD was when she started making me set a plate for her gigantic, stuffed Elmo.

aniters
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I think its normal. DS is 12 months and I'm dreading the imaginary friends stage because it creeps me the fuck out >.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZazaGoszzy
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

lol it just all of a sudden happened! I was like, what the heck is he doing? lol

Quoting aniters:

I think its normal. DS is 12 months and I'm dreading the imaginary friends stage because it creeps me the fuck out >.

aniters
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM
is he an only child? maybe he's lonely.
DS is an only child and sometimes he runs around our room laughing and "talking" but no one is there playing with him.

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

lol it just all of a sudden happened! I was like, what the heck is he doing? lol

Quoting aniters:

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG he's a medium....

yes it's normal.

Traceyssel
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My ds is 17mo and he pretends his Lego is a spoon and another toy is a bowl and pretends to eat
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Omg he is talking to dead people! Seriously take him to get an exorcism NOW! And ask the priest to bless him and your house and your car. Those dead fuckers can live anywhere!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I'm actually getting the feeling that he saw something. An older kid, about 5 years old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)