Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Show off...

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM
  • 41 Replies
3 moms liked this

...your holiday decorating skills. I'll start...

My son (3), half sister (13, whom I have full custody of), our kitty, puppy and myself who live here. I LOVE the holidays times infinity. So I decorate so much and love it. I spend about 3 days doing it all. Even though I put one of our trees up early November, I didn't finish all the decorating until about a week ago. I don't do much outside since I'm not a handy person. I'm very ashamed of the lack of decorating on the outside of my house. So, I made up for it inside. Here you go...

The outside of my house. I know, I didn't do much outside this year.

My banister... I made it. I'm crafty like that. lol

My front room... which you see when you walk in my house...

Under the tree is my village. I loves my village!!! My little sister put it together this year and she is super proud!!! I have to say she did a fantastic job!

My Dining Room.... I love center pieces and it really adds to the meal when I cook. I only use this room when we have parties since I don't have much family beyond my son, sister and I...

My kitchen and heart of my home. On the left is my smaller dining room/nook....

My basement.... where we spend most of our time and most of my friends hang out since the bar is down here... lol My sister chose the wall colors and I love how different it is compared to my usual style. The tree is plain but it adds to the holiday spirit while we watch movies.

My upstairs family room that is between my dining room and den. No TV in this room. it's more of a reading/homework room and library. The stockings are for myself, my son, sister, our kitty and puppy.

Our kitty loves to look out the window. This was taken yesterday, I moved the couch because I want to see the tree when I read. lol Our kitty sits on this couch everyday normally so I think he's pissed at me for moving it... lol

Since I didn't do much in my front yard I decided to use my extra ornaments on the smaller trees outside. It's cute. I didn't add lights though so these can only be seen during the day.

Please share your home decor. I love seeing what other people do. <3

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

BUMP!

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

BUMP!

NoahandEliza
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Your house looks beautiful! I have no decorating skills period, so all I could give you is a picture of my front door with a wreath and snowman mat!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Beautiful, I have not done much this year. 

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

What's wrong with that??! It obviously has Christmas spirit. Any decorating on any level is love for Christmas. Please share if you're comfortable with doing so. There is no such thing as not enough decorations for Christmas. I know we all have different ideas, styles, budgets, etc. I love them all. :)

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Your house looks beautiful! I have no decorating skills period, so all I could give you is a picture of my front door with a wreath and snowman mat!

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Here's my son's decorating skills ;)

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

All decorations are beautiful. No matter how small or big. I love them all. Seriously!! The love you put into means more than anything. I love seeing the love that others put in. I only have what I have because it's 10 years worth of stuff. lol

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

My tree looks great, I just have not had the energy to do anything else.

Quoting Ali5683:

All decorations are beautiful. No matter how small or big. I love them all. Seriously!! The love you put into means more than anything. I love seeing the love that others put in. I only have what I have because it's 10 years worth of stuff. lol

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

That is SO cute!!! I love it. Nothing like what a kid can do. This makes me think I should have my son do his own tree. He was with his dad when I decorated. Lots of love there. I love it!!!

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Here's my son's decorating skills ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN