Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously my pits stink, so help me please!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is embarresing, hence why i am going anon. I have never had smelly pits before, i mean no worse then any normal person but for the past few months its been bad. I take a shower everyday and sometimes even a bath at night. I wear deodarant and perfume and i still stink lately. My clothes also stinks now and even with tons of laundry soap my clothes will still have a faint BO smell after washing!

I feel like some kind of freak. I think it has to do with the prozac i am on. It does make me sweat alot, but come on i need my prozac. What can i use to make my pits smell better? I need a super deoderant here! Also what clothes soap works to take the smell out?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
veganistic
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmm i used to take Zoloft and i had a sweating problem. I Wonder!
What worked for me is the product certain dry. It's available at Wal-Mart. Follow the directions and use it daily and i promise - it works. As another poster mentioned there are also botox shots, but certain dry is alot Cheaper. The certain dry will get more effective as you keep using it.

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Omg I'm on Prozac to and it's doing the same thing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melissa916
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Tell your doctor. They can prescribe a soap to wash off the smell and a deodorant to stop the sweating. I forget how to spell it, but it's something like dry-sol. It works like no other, trust this previous sweater, lol!

moneysaver6
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Here are a couple of options:

• Switch deodorant up.  For example, after you finish that container of Degree, then switch to Secret...you get the idea.
  • You will find that some deodorants just don't work well with your body.  (I make my own deodorant now, but when I used store-bought, I could never use Secret.)
  • Soak the clothes in vinegar.  It will get the smell out.  If you need to wear a certain shirt, you notice a smell, & you don't have time to wash...spray with vinegar. You WILL smell the vinegar at first, but once it's dry, it will be odorless.
  • Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of vinegar to each wash load.  It's a homemade fabric softener, but also helps to remove odor & residue.
  • Add Borax to your wash loads.  It's a laundry booster.  I make my own detergent now, but still use a bit extra Borax on my son's clothes in the summer because...um...it gets to be 120+ here and...smelly.
  • If sweating is a problem, carry corn starch or baby powder with you.  Corn starch absorbs moisture & oils.  It's the corn starch in baby powder that makes it effective as well, but it will add a scent whereas plain corn starch will not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Apply rubbing alcohol on your armpits with a cotton ball. Let it dry, then put on your deodorant.

Hope it helps.
TarantulaTress
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:05 AM
I used Certain Dry a few times and all it did was cause my pits to burn and itch. It was terrible and didn't work for me.

Quoting veganistic:

What worked for me is the product certain dry. It's available at Wal-Mart. Follow the directions and use it daily and i promise - it works. As another poster mentioned there are also botox shots, but certain dry is alot Cheaper. The certain dry will get more effective as you keep using it.

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.momo3
by Chrissy on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Use clinical strength secret. I do. I dont have bo but im always afraid someday i will so i use that.
veganistic
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:11 AM
It burned me if i used after shaving, but it did help, especially over time. I just shaved less or put it on a couple hours before i shaved. Were you able to find anything that worked for you? Sorry, i know how bad that sucks. I suffered some pretty serious embarrassment!

Quoting TarantulaTress:

I used Certain Dry a few times and all it did was cause my pits to burn and itch. It was terrible and didn't work for me.

Quoting veganistic:

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM
I had to switch to man deodorant years ago cuz its stronger.
TarantulaTress
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I tried using it for under arm wetness. I stopped using it after a few weeks and switched to Degree prescription strength and tweaked my diet. I haven't had an issue since.

Quoting veganistic:

It burned me if i used after shaving, but it did help, especially over time. I just shaved less or put it on a couple hours before i shaved. Were you able to find anything that worked for you? Sorry, i know how bad that sucks. I suffered some pretty serious embarrassment!

Quoting TarantulaTress:

Quoting veganistic:

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM
After you get out of the shower, apply cider vinegar to your armpits. The vinegar smell will go away when it dries. Add clinical strength deodorant once it dries.

Vinegar works to get the smell out in the wash. If it isn't strong enough to get rid of the odors, do a second light wash with just baking soda.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)