Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone else have a teenager for a so?

Posted by   + Show Post
Claire hasn't been sleeping well at night lately, which means little sleep for me. It's df day off, yesterday and today. I've been getting maybe 2 hrs a sleep at night. I finally get Claire asleep at 2am. Df coughs a million times and wakes up Claire 10min after she fell asleep. I told him, she's his responsibility now. I have my last final today (1pm) and he needs to take care of her.

He is acting like such a teenager. He's complaining:

"God damnit!!! I'm soooo tired!!!" "Ugh!!!" "I can't believe this shit!!!" I told him to stop whining and to take responsibility. Then he goes in the living room and put her in her bouncer and he starts yelling "just go to sleep!!! God!!!!" I told him not to yell at our 4mo old baby. He says I'm trying to control him and criticize him. I tried explaining that she was already upset and now she has a trusted parent using an angry voice at her. He says "fine ill try not to yell at her, just leave me alone!!" " I don't want to talk to you!!! Ugh!!!" I told him if he didn't want kids, we shouldn't have planned them and had sex. He thinks he can get away without acting like an adult and being a parent.

I don't even know how to fix this. He is also a "gamer" type, which I didn't mind until he would rather do that than take care of his kids.

I don't think I can change him...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
TTC2Long
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Idk, my dh is a total dick if he gets woken up at night. He was, however, really great about getting up with ds if I needed it. The gaming nonsense... Idk what to tell you about that. I'd never marry or even date a guy who was into video games. It was one of the nails in the coffin of my last relationship before dh. You chose him.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

OHH damn I thought you wanted to trade your teenager....totally read that title wrong, lol

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Elanor

They both start with E! yay! lol don't mind me, I'm tired and can't sleep.

Quoting Traceyssel:

Elise. Your's?

Quoting flowerfunleah:

My dd's name is Claire too! What yours' middle name?

Traceyssel
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Not yet! Maybe in 12 more years. Lol

Quoting Sassy762:

OHH damn I thought you wanted to trade your teenager....totally read that title wrong, lol

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Also you can't change men.

But you can take a bat to their xbox, just sayin....O_o

Traceyssel
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Last time he treated me like this he was like "sorry" the next morning. I'm not going to make it easy this time.
bluerose26
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Wow If he is 26, Its time for him to grow up. Take a breath and rock her and hold her. Its a learning process. Is she his 1st kid?

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting Keara20:

How old is he??? Box them up while he isn't there and hide them.

Quoting Traceyssel:

He has thousands of yugioh cards.

Quoting Keara20:

Teenager sounds too old. are you sure he isn't 5? Fucking get rid of the gaming Shit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:10 AM
I'm sorry you're going through this, you might have to start being a bitch. My husband was way into mine craft when our daughter was born. He would spend a lot of time on that game, and our relationship suffered. I threatened to delete the game while he wasn't home. Bitchy thing tp do, but he got better. And as miley got older he had less time for the game. I still hate that game because of all that.

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting Keara20:

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting Keara20:

Teenager sounds too old. are you sure he isn't 5? Fucking get rid of the gaming Shit.

DarlaHood
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Well it does put you in a position where you have to act like his mother and make him be responsible to take care of his chores.  Only it's not taking out the trash.  It's HIS dear daughter! 

I think you're gonna have to educate him on what holding and nurturing does for her development, and how sensitive she is at 4 mos., and will be going forward, to his harsh tones and words.  You said you had a final.  Did you take child development or human development?  Cuz if you did, there will be really good information in there about what babies need.  Or he could get a night job delivering pizzas, and pay someone else to watch her so you can get some sleep and study.

Traceyssel
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:12 AM
2nd

Quoting bluerose26:

Wow If he is 26, Its time for him to grow up. Take a breath and rock her and hold her. Its a learning process. Is she his 1st kid?

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting Keara20:

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting Keara20:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN