Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

b**** a** sister ignorant to childrens nutrition

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
My sister came.over last night with her kids (19 months and 9). Her younger girl was hungry and so was my 3 yr old so I offered snack time. My sister got really upset with what I had to offer she said she was fine with them eating apple slices but she felt wheat chex were not a snack. I thought perhaps she was concerned about carbs as our dad has blood sugar problems. No this was not the issue. Where were my cookies, fruit snacks, and crackers? I said wheat chex were a lot like wheat crackers. At this point she said she didn't understand why I fed my son that way and she felt sorry for him.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Eh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberRose1122
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:12 AM
I understand. That's how my mom is with my brother. We have healthy snacks here and my mom is always like "he needs some chips!!"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I don't think that makes her ignorant to nutrition, she probably know what you are giving your child is healthier, but rather she just doesn't make it a priority.  It's tough to change children's eating habits sometimes, perhaps this is why her children get less nutritional snacks.  I'm more like you though.  DD is a pretty healthy eater and I think much of it is just because that is what she has been around.  She'd choose a banana over a cookie most days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN