Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Best Funeral Ever

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM
  • 69 Replies

obviously tv shows aren't what they used to be.  a reality show on the "showiest" funerals.  i'm not sure yet on how i feel about the whole idea...perhaps i will tune in and check it out for myself.  and maybe i will sign up to have that funeral home take care of my services, nothing like going out with a big show :P

*what do you think?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/best-funeral-ever-tv-show-works-205801161.html

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich.el.le
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:05 AM

My in laws went to a funeral where everyone was in pin stripe suits, canes and hats and they threw mardi gras beads in on the casket instead of flowers. 0.o They were totally weirded out. lol

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

dh wants a new orleans funeral - he wants a big band.  to parade his casket though the streets.  omg.  i have told him - you need to write it down and include alldetails because everyone is going to think i was crazy - he wants to celebrate his life rather than morn death.  but its too much!!

skyelyns_mommie
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I"ve already told my family i want a party not a funeral. no tears are aloud. i want everyone in bright colors no black! i want a party to clelebrate my life not mourn my death! lol my mom thinks im nuts

-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I want my funeral to be a party. I want people to celebrate my life, not mourn my death. 

goddess99
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM

This made me LOL then I saw your pic which looks like a boy laughing and that made me laugh that much more. LOL ...sorry

Quoting AmaliaD:

dh wants a new orleans funeral - he wants a big band.  to parade his casket though the streets.  omg.  i have told him - you need to write it down and include alldetails because everyone is going to think i was crazy - he wants to celebrate his life rather than morn death.  but its too much!!

just_hc
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM
4 moms liked this

We lost a good friend in a motorcycle accident last summer.  He was a lifelong biker and wanted a party for his funeral.  He and his brother had sat down and discussed exactly what they wanted for their funerals.  So his brother did his best to honor his wishes.  It was casual dress and an open bar.  All of his Harley T-shirts were drapped on the back of each chair and all of his motorycle memoribilia was displayed in the funeral home.  His brother then told us to take what we wanted to remember Robo by.  He has some special pieces for his close friends.  Then we took turns telling our favorite Robo stories.  It was a very fitting send off for a wonderful guy!  He would have loved it!

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Who says funerals have to be sad and drag... They.should be about celebrating life and saying good bye.

Go out with a bang kind of style!

I went to a funeral, everyone was requested to wear pink even the men. All the women family members wore big derby hats the deceased woman was a collector.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Now that is an awesome send off. I love that they left his things out for his friends to collect to remember him by, instead of fighting over it. That's true friendship, and true family.

Quoting just_hc:

We lost a good friend in a motorcycle accident last summer.  He was a lifelong biker and wanted a party for his funeral.  He and his brother had sat down and discussed exactly what they wanted for their funerals.  So his brother did his best to honor his wishes.  It was casual dress and an open bar.  All of his Harley T-shirts were drapped on the back of each chair and all of his motorycle memoribilia was displayed in the funeral home.  His brother then told us to take what we wanted to remember Robo by.  He has some special pieces for his close friends.  Then we took turns telling our favorite Robo stories.  It was a very fitting send off for a wonderful guy!  He would have loved it!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

jessi19
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I work at a full service funeral home/moselium as an accountant, I see enough funerals without watching it on tv! lol but it might be interesting for marketing ideas for work.

brittany208
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM

maybe im selfish... but i want people to be sad when im gone! not throwing a big party (though i have nothing against that for other people) or making a tv show out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)