Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I only just got online - -

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I actually dont watch much normal tv during the day as I have two toddlers home all day, I didn't find out about the school shooting stuff til a few hours ago. I dont know what happened and truthfully dont want to know anymore other than that it happened.

I have read a few posts on here about how the shooter might've had mental issues and i can agree that maybe the guy should've had an assessment of some sort long before all this. 

My DH has bipolar issues and depression and I have a few things mental wrong as well. He is also a recovering drug addict. Because of those factors, in the least, we have had both of our sons evaluated at school for any mental issues that might come up as they grow older. It is something my dh and i both know needs to be addressed as soon as it shows it's face to the world and it can be hereditary. Our 8 year old sees a therapist once a year at least, more if he feels he needs it, and at school he knows to talk to someone if something is going weird for him. Our daughters atm are still a bit young but we are still aware that our youngest has a bit of a mean streak.

All I can really say is even if you have regular everyday depression and whatnot, it still can occur in your children at younger ages than you think. And I dun mind bashing, makes me know that I touched a nerve for some people. So go ahead.

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:42 PM

When people fail to realize that shit happens no matter how bad they cannot control their world they like trying to blame random people.

JenD_77
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:44 PM

it's a defense thing i think... Blame those who look to be the bad guy/person.

Quoting thetrollcat:

When people fail to realize that shit happens no matter how bad they cannot control their world they like trying to blame random people.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM

There are two kinds of people, people that accept we live in a flawed world then people that believe everything has a blame to it and could be PREVENTED.

While prention is the BEST method (yes we agree) it doesnt seem to stop [people from doing destructive things. (not limited to shooting)

Quoting JenD_77:

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

JenD_77
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I will say that not everything can and will be prevented, but maybe somethings can be made aware of more often than not? not sure thats how i want to say it.. but I get what you are sayin.

Quoting thetrollcat:

There are two kinds of people, people that accept we live in a flawed world then people that believe everything has a blame to it and could be PREVENTED.

While prention is the BEST method (yes we agree) it doesnt seem to stop [people from doing destructive things. (not limited to shooting)

Quoting JenD_77:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured