Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not crying over the shooting

Posted by   + Show Post
Yes, it was a terrible terrible thing that happened, children never deserve to die, especially such a gruesome death. In no way am I saying that I don't care about what occurred: I feel for the families, it's very upsetting, but, I'm not crying about it, I don't hold rage for the killer, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and I'm definitely not going to be holding any paranoia towards the safety of my children. Shit happens, some people shouldn't be allowed to walk this Earth, but this doesn't mean I have to let those worries rule my life.

I'm not heartless, I just react differently from most others. Anyone else feel this way?

***edit

I've read a lot of people saying I don't feel emphatic. No where do I see crying to describe the definition of the word empathy.

******edit
my twins are 5. If this happened to me personally, yes, I would be absolutely distraught, but I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't get effected by it the same way I would.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Replies (221-230):
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

You assume wrong. Very very wrong. As I stated. I was looking at my tree, with my kids gifts under it and its what hit me. Where did I say that was all I was crying over? That what you picked up and ran with.

Quoting Anonymous:

this is my 2nd reply - because thinking about yours after I read it.... yep - 'same anon you are mad at.

I'm going to assume that you don't know anyone who has had to bury a child.   For that I'm thankful.   And thankful to have all of my kids alive and well.

I hope that unwrapped Christmas gifts are all you and your friends ever have to cry over.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

For real? Because that is the way I chose to describe my grief you think I am cold? Really? Did I say that was the ONLY thing I felt? NO I DIDN'T. But I am sitting here looking at my tree with gifts around it and that is what came to mind. Screw you for your judgement of what made me cry.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get teary when I watch it was a horrible, horrible action.       But I refuse to shelter my already very sheltered kids more than they are.  

But for you to say how those parents feel looking at the presents that will never be opened....... I find very cold.    I feel for those parents who will have to BURY their children, who will have to pack up their loved toys, clothes and bedding and never smell them again.    I bet you there is not a SINGLE parent who lost a child today who wouldn't immedieatly give every single unopened present to a any random stranger just to have another normal, crazy, less than 2 weeks before Christmas day back.

My daughter is 6.  

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

It has hit me hard. But I think that it is because my kids are 5 and 6 and some of those babies were the same age. But I will still send my kids to school and I am not going to change our routines. But it still hurts and I have cried. Mostly thinking about how close it is too Christmas and those parents having to look at presents that will never be opened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I am just sick of everyone saying that a person with autism can't do something of this nature. I believe he is at least the SECOND mass shooter this year to have autism/aspergers. (correct me if I'm wrong) I am SO over the "people with autism don't do this, it makes autistics look bad" line of horse shit. I'm pretty sure the 2 kids that did Columbine were the only NON autistic mass shooters as of lately.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

and you say this, knowing one of those children's MOTHERS could be on this very site?

i'm sorry, but I agree with the others.. you have no empathy..

Empathy means you can place yourself in another persons situation, share their feelings.. obviously you can't do that.. you are too thoughtless to be able to do that!

smushy79
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Why post this? You trying to be irritating? I have cried...maybe because I have a 1st grader myself. Just thinking about the pain and terror those children suffered in their last moments breaks my heart.
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Why? because while she feels bad for them, she's not crying over children she didn't know? Did you spend the day before the shooting crying over the 16,000 children who die every day from hunger? So why are you any better than her? Every single death of a child is completely tragic, these children should not have been taken, but someone not shutting down for the day and crying doesn't make them a bad person, if it did, we would all be bad people since over 20 children die unnecessary deaths everyday and we don't spend every single day of our lives crying for them. 

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

And this is where AMERICA fucked up! These people right here. THIS GENERATION THE 20 SOMETHING!

embersparkle
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I have felt really sad. Didn't cry though till I saw one of the little boys name is Noah. I have a Noah. I burst into tears when I saw that.
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
What's your point? You made a post to say you do care, but actually you really don't. So children dying for no reason isn't upsetting to you? Ok. Well, thanks for not going anon so I can be sure to avoid your cold, heartless, disgusting ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Have fun in hell...thats just mean and disrespectful to say...

Mommie_to_Bee
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Very well said!

Quoting LucyHarper:

Why? because while she feels bad for them, she's not crying over children she didn't know? Did you spend the day before the shooting crying over the 16,000 children who die every day from hunger? So why are you any better than her? Every single death of a child is completely tragic, these children should not have been taken, but someone not shutting down for the day and crying doesn't make them a bad person, if it did, we would all be bad people since over 20 children die unnecessary deaths everyday and we don't spend every single day of our lives crying for them. 

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

And this is where AMERICA fucked up! These people right here. THIS GENERATION THE 20 SOMETHING!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 63 on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM
The fact that you made a whole post to let us know you're not crying, is a bit f'ed up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN