Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not crying over the shooting

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM
  • 317 Replies
17 moms liked this
Yes, it was a terrible terrible thing that happened, children never deserve to die, especially such a gruesome death. In no way am I saying that I don't care about what occurred: I feel for the families, it's very upsetting, but, I'm not crying about it, I don't hold rage for the killer, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and I'm definitely not going to be holding any paranoia towards the safety of my children. Shit happens, some people shouldn't be allowed to walk this Earth, but this doesn't mean I have to let those worries rule my life.

I'm not heartless, I just react differently from most others. Anyone else feel this way?

***edit

I've read a lot of people saying I don't feel emphatic. No where do I see crying to describe the definition of the word empathy.

******edit
my twins are 5. If this happened to me personally, yes, I would be absolutely distraught, but I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't get effected by it the same way I would.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GinasMommy412
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM
7 moms liked this
Everyone has their own way of coping, doesn't make you a bad person. I feel differently, but that's me. I cried.
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM
5 moms liked this

It has hit me hard. But I think that it is because my kids are 5 and 6 and some of those babies were the same age. But I will still send my kids to school and I am not going to change our routines. But it still hurts and I have cried. Mostly thinking about how close it is too Christmas and those parents having to look at presents that will never be opened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not like you, I don't think you are horrible or bad though.

I just can't help but cry when I hear the words of other greiving people. When I see those pictures of parents who just lost their children. I just can't help it. I feel confusion when I think of the man who did this. How could he do that?? HOW could he look at those innocent CHILDREN and fire the gun at them?! Why why why???

It's just no fair! And to try to imagine sheer terror of those children and parents, it's just unimaginable! Ijust can't imagine running to that school to find out one of those children were my child. How do you let those words sink in?!
Grumpylilpixy
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM
10 moms liked this

And this is where AMERICA fucked up! These people right here. THIS GENERATION THE 20 SOMETHING!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I feel the same way.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

It has hit me hard. But I think that it is because my kids are 5 and 6 and some of those babies were the same age. But I will still send my kids to school and I am not going to change our routines. But it still hurts and I have cried. Mostly thinking about how close it is too Christmas and those parents having to look at presents that will never be opened.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this

no sorry I don't its had me in tears off and on all day. My heart breaks for these families. I am sadden to think what kind of world my grandchildren will grow up in.

momma0ffive
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM
3 moms liked this
you can't let fear control you....

I understand
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Well you know, your way is not the only or the right way. Everyone has to deal with this differently.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM
5 moms liked this
Its called empathy
In which you may not have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egbkeb
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM
6 moms liked this
And you felt it necessary to post this why? You had to have known you were going to pour alcohol on a wound that's gapping open or you wouldn't have posted anon. Feel however you want but Stfu.

Quoting _cloudy_:

Yes, it was a terrible terrible thing that happened, children never deserve to die, especially such a gruesome death. In no way am I saying that I don't care about what occurred: I feel for the families, it's very upsetting, but, I'm not crying about it, I don't hold rage for the killer, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and I'm definitely not going to be holding any paranoia towards the safety of my children. Shit happens, some people shouldn't be allowed to walk this Earth, but this doesn't mean I have to let those worries rule my life.

I'm not heartless, I just react differently from most others. Anyone else feel this way?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)