Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not crying over the shooting

Posted by   + Show Post
Yes, it was a terrible terrible thing that happened, children never deserve to die, especially such a gruesome death. In no way am I saying that I don't care about what occurred: I feel for the families, it's very upsetting, but, I'm not crying about it, I don't hold rage for the killer, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and I'm definitely not going to be holding any paranoia towards the safety of my children. Shit happens, some people shouldn't be allowed to walk this Earth, but this doesn't mean I have to let those worries rule my life.

I'm not heartless, I just react differently from most others. Anyone else feel this way?

***edit

I've read a lot of people saying I don't feel emphatic. No where do I see crying to describe the definition of the word empathy.

******edit
my twins are 5. If this happened to me personally, yes, I would be absolutely distraught, but I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't get effected by it the same way I would.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Replies (191-200):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:32 AM

op im with you , we just think different if it was my child id be sobbing, but i was saying this same thing its bad but im not crying over it idk maybe ive become desensitized because of all that ive seen and been through but i do feel like you!!

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM
3 moms liked this

I'll be honest, as a parent I don't understand how you can't be affected by this.

How you can't shed one tear or feel hate for the coward that did this.

My heart hurts for these parents. 

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I feel the same way. So I'm right there with ya
VannaMae307
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I cried.

I havent cried since my son was born. But reading the articles and seeing the pictures made me cry. I've never felt so moved by a news story. Usually I am an emotionless, soulless pit but something was different yesterday

activitymode
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM
It's sad you lack empathy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM
I definitely cried. It broke my heart. I have two kids in elementary school. A 4 yr old and a 8 yr old and couldn't imagine what those parents are goung through. This is so horrible. I cant even talk about it without tearing up. :'(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Do you really think anyone cares what your opinion is?
_cloudy_
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
BEST REPLY IN POST

Quoting Anonymous:

I find it tasteless when people who are not affected directly from things like this express how much it hurts them. Most in a "I'm more sad than you are about this". Yes, it makes me sad for those family, I may shed a tear or two, but I am not going to go on Facebook and say " I hugged my child tight and cried". I live in Arkansas, I know none of the innocent that died. What I do know is that there are people who HAVE been directly affected by this horrible act, and they are truly suffering and I refuse to dilute their pain with my being upset. I hurt for them, but my hurt is so incredibly small in comparison. It aggravates me to no end when people turn these tragedies around to be about them, the person who didn't lose a child today
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM

That's ok...I have cried enough for the both of us.

Quoting _cloudy_:

Yes, it was a terrible terrible thing that happened, children never deserve to die, especially such a gruesome death. In no way am I saying that I don't care about what occurred: I feel for the families, it's very upsetting, but, I'm not crying about it, I don't hold rage for the killer, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and I'm definitely not going to be holding any paranoia towards the safety of my children. Shit happens, some people shouldn't be allowed to walk this Earth, but this doesn't mean I have to let those worries rule my life.

I'm not heartless, I just react differently from most others. Anyone else feel this way?

***edit

I've read a lot of people saying I don't feel emphatic. No where do I see crying to describe the definition of the word empathy.

******edit
my twins are 5. If this happened to me personally, yes, I would be absolutely distraught, but I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't get effected by it the same way I would.

ledlovebug
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm thinking about 20 empty little rooms.  I'm thinking about how if the parents even got any sleep last night, they had to wake up with the sick feeling of the sudden realization that they will never see thier babies again.  I'm thinking about all the Christmas gifts that were bought and will never be used for whom they were intended.  I'm thinking about the little ones who survived the incident and will never be the same again.  I'm thinking about the first responders and medical examiners and hospital workers who had to treat these dead chidren.  I'm thinking about those that sacrificed their lives to try to save those children - and their families too.  I'm also thinking about the family of Adam Lanza.

These thoughts make me sick.

Your lack of empathy makes me sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured