Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not crying over the shooting

Posted by   + Show Post
Yes, it was a terrible terrible thing that happened, children never deserve to die, especially such a gruesome death. In no way am I saying that I don't care about what occurred: I feel for the families, it's very upsetting, but, I'm not crying about it, I don't hold rage for the killer, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and I'm definitely not going to be holding any paranoia towards the safety of my children. Shit happens, some people shouldn't be allowed to walk this Earth, but this doesn't mean I have to let those worries rule my life.

I'm not heartless, I just react differently from most others. Anyone else feel this way?

***edit

I've read a lot of people saying I don't feel emphatic. No where do I see crying to describe the definition of the word empathy.

******edit
my twins are 5. If this happened to me personally, yes, I would be absolutely distraught, but I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't get effected by it the same way I would.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Replies (311-317):
KailesMommy
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM
If you truely think about it. I mean where in the bible does it say that kids will not die where does it say that when they do die it will be better than being murder even? And if you are on the idea of the conspiracy theory then whats to say the goverment didnt set this up to pass stricter gun control laws? To cause the American people to be less able to defend themselves? News creates fear and fear is control. So everyone who is scared are being led like sheep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:50 PM
What people fail to see is you need to be sure of yourself and your religion or just your beliefs as a whole you need to see that things happen for a reason. We NEVER know the reason for what happens until its too late. The only way to know is to die and do it yourself. But yes i would be upset more actually pissed at what happened or who did it to my child. But i also know she would be better off with him. He can keep any of us safer than what we can actually do our self. We cant stop or help whats happened all we can do is accept what happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctfirsttimemom
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM

My sons are 4 and 1.  I live 40 min from Newtown.  I know a lot of people in that area.  I don't know how any parent couldn't be effected by it.  

philipmommy4834
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I sctually do feel the same way as you.

Djinn83
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh please. She doesn't have to cy to be affected by it. I have heard, read, and even seen much worse things than a child being shot and killed. Did I cry? No. I felt nauseous. I thought about it intermittently for days. I lost maybe 5 minutes of sleep over it, thinking about it before I drift off. That doesn't mean I lack empathy, but it doesn't change my day to day routine. I still clean my house, send my kids to school, and go grocery shopping. But I'm also not the type to break down into tears or hysterics when a celebrity dies. Sure, it's sad, and a great talent has been lost, but I don't act as if I knew the person closely or like that person was a huge impact in my life. 

stacefaceninja
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I didn't cry either...honestly, I pushed it out of my head as soon as I could. Why be miserable and force MY family to suffer and deal with sadness. They will have enough of their own in their lifetime. I personally think that the media and people like us are the ones to blame for a lot of it. If it wasn't publicized and "glorified" in the eyes of those who are seriously fucked up in the head, then maybe these crazy assholes would just off themselves, and stop taking rooms of people with them.

-If for any reason you feel an urge to correct my grammar, spelling, or punctuation, please suppress this urge. You are not important enough to me to spend time editing before I post.  I will just laugh at you-

Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I'm not too broken up over it either. I think its tragic, yes. I'm not going to cry my eyes out over it though. Not my kids who were killed, I have no right to even begin to think I know how those parents are feeling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)