Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you let a random stranger hold your 5 month old

Posted by   + Show Post
So I go to the supermarket this morning and their debit machine was down so I had to make out a check. My 5 month old was crying because he wanted to be held as it was almost naptime. Unfourtanetly I could not do both. There was an elderly woman behind us in line and she offered to hold him while I made out my check. I let her because my cashier was super slow. When dh got home I told.him about the sweet older woman who held the baby at the store. He flipped. He's very upset with me and said I'm naive about people and I could have gotten our kids hurt by this. Is he right? Would you let the old lady hold your baby?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Replies (51-60):
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM
you used ur judgement. she was being nice. if u had a bad feeling i am sure you would have said no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

No I wouldn't. I wouldn't care if she tried talking to my 5 month old well they were in there carseat but I wouldn't let them hold them.

armstrong7984
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I originally would say no in any other circumstance, but in this case i wouldve done the same exact thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

No, NEVER!! Too many people are willing to kidnap a child, even a sweet old lady might do it. Not to mention that she could do something to your child! People plant drugs, etc on kids at airports so why not at a supermarket? Not to mention the osmosis poisons, diseases, and other things that can be given through the skin.

Youngmother456
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM
SMH your a bad mom. Lol

Quoting black_sun99:

She did have a parachute on though?!?!?!?

Quoting Youngmother456:

Stupid she could have ran away

^^^ my dumb joke for the night

Quoting black_sun99:

I let a flight attendant walk around the airplane with my 4 month old daughter.  She did it so I could go to the bathroom and have a break.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyner_brylee
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM
When my dd was a baby she got sick, it was the weekend and there was no doctor offices opened so we ended up the ER and all nurses thought i was carrying around a baby doll. But when they learned it was a real baby, they all had a turn holding her.
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to let sweet old ladies hold my baby when I went to the store. I mean, what are they really gonna do? They are old and frail, and I am standing right there with them, watching. Nothing wrong making an old lady happy by holding a little baby for a minute or two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM
5 moms liked this
You need a sedative.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, NEVER!! Too many people are willing to kidnap a child, even a sweet old lady might do it. Not to mention that she could do something to your child! People plant drugs, etc on kids at airports so why not at a supermarket? Not to mention the osmosis poisons, diseases, and other things that can be given through the skin.

Fallaya
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I would and have. I just use my judgement.
queencreekmom
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Probably not, but I "wore" my kids in a Bjorn so I had my hands free. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)