Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else struggling with their faith right now?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 500 Replies
2 moms liked this

Help me to understand how God can let children suffer and die? WHY do we, as parents, even pray for our babies?? Obviously, it doesn't stop them from dying horrible deaths.

I just don't know what I believe in anymore. I'm terrified to NOT believe, because I'm afraid that God will take my children or my husband from me, or take me away from my family. And that is screwed up!!

Why would He make us to love our children so deeply, if they are just expendable?? Why put parents through that kind of pain? I have so many questions. I feel like I'm falling apart here.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Not at all...I feel very solid in mine. It does not lie with the Christian God.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM
5 moms liked this

I have always called myself a Christian, but I'm not sure I am so black-and-white now. I believe there is SOMETHING out there... but I dunno. I just try to be a decent person-- helping others, being compassionate, not doing bad things to people, etc.

I wish I knew WHAT I believed. I wish I was solid in my beliefs.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM
58 moms liked this

Faith

God doesn't "let" bad things happen. God is not sitting up there going, "This will really fuck them up".

No matter what the case is, a deranged mass murderer/ a genetic abnomality. Whatever, it can be explained as Life.

You live life to the best of your ability. You love fully (as God does) and without reservation. Because God loved you before you were born and will love you despite your failings.

Do not live a life of fear. Because a life lived in fear is a life not lived.

You are as expendable as your children are. The day we are born, we begin to die. What happens between birth and death is up to you.

Whether it is your own life or the lives you touch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM
What does your faith lie with?

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

divinedimension
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM

me :(

..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I had the whole crisis of faith not so long ago. I felt like you. I was a Christian and found another path...and now I'm home. A lot of people go through it. I hope you find what you need...for me it's a huge part of me and I am more grounded and more sure than I have been of almost anything else.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have always called myself a Christian, but I'm not sure I am so black-and-white now. I believe there is SOMETHING out there... but I dunno. I just try to be a decent person-- helping others, being compassionate, not doing bad things to people, etc.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
divinedimension
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM
11 moms liked this

What happens in birth and death is up to us? REALLY???? tell those innocent school children that. Apparently God never gave them that memo! Posts like yours anger me! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Faith

God doesn't "let" bad things happen. God is not sitting up there going, "This will really fuck them up".

No matter what the case is, a deranged mass murderer/ a genetic abnomality. Whatever, it can be explained as Life.

You live life to the best of your ability. You love fully (as God does) and without reservation. Because God loved you before you were born and will love you despite your failings.

You are as expendable as your children are. The day we are born, we begin to die. What happens between birth and death is up to you.

shannonnigans
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM
That sounds like a great belief system. What else is there really, besides those things you mentioned? I think you're fine exactly as you are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redhead-bedhead
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:24 PM
3 moms liked this

Same here.

OP, Have you spoken to one of your spiritual leaders or consulted your holy text? I'm sure this type of reaction is normal.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

So, tell me why we ask God to protect us? Protect our children? He is supposed to be so loving and whatnot.... and isn't He in control of the outcome of things? So yes, he IS letting it happen. Or, even more sickening, He is MAKING them happen.

I'm really damn confused and shook up in my head right now, obviously....

Quoting Anonymous:

Faith

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN