Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else struggling with their faith right now?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Help me to understand how God can let children suffer and die? WHY do we, as parents, even pray for our babies?? Obviously, it doesn't stop them from dying horrible deaths.

I just don't know what I believe in anymore. I'm terrified to NOT believe, because I'm afraid that God will take my children or my husband from me, or take me away from my family. And that is screwed up!!

Why would He make us to love our children so deeply, if they are just expendable?? Why put parents through that kind of pain? I have so many questions. I feel like I'm falling apart here.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Replies (31-40):
MaileysMommy
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I think she meant what we do with our lives, what happens in between birth and death. 

Quoting divinedimension:

What happens in birth and death is up to us? REALLY???? tell those innocent school children that. Apparently God never gave them that memo! Posts like yours anger me! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Faith

God doesn't "let" bad things happen. God is not sitting up there going, "This will really fuck them up".

No matter what the case is, a deranged mass murderer/ a genetic abnomality. Whatever, it can be explained as Life.

You live life to the best of your ability. You love fully (as God does) and without reservation. Because God loved you before you were born and will love you despite your failings.

Do not live a life of fear. Because a life lived in fear is a life not lived.

You are as expendable as your children are. The day we are born, we begin to die. What happens between birth and death is up to you.

Whether it is your own life or the lives you touch.

Bright.Eyes
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Even Satan and the demons believe in God, and they tremble, but they are not saved.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am.

I am struggling a lot.

I am "God Fearing"... I think the only reason I believe is because I'm afraid of what could happen if I don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM

The Devil was once a beautiful Angel.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who created the devil?

Quoting brittney28:

As strong as god is, unfortunately so is the devil. I believe this is the devils doing. You can't blame god for the awful things down here that people do.

doomshroom
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM
6 moms liked this
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

-Epicurus

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
God says there is a purpose for everyone. Though what happend is horrible it maybe a lesson to mankind. The children that died are now in gods loving arms away from the evil of man. God has been known to challenge us...to try to shake our faith in him but we must always love believe and have faith in him. Sometimes tough love is the only way to make us come together rather then fight each other as we have been the last few years.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, then again, I ask:

What kind of  loving "Father" either allows his "children" to die horrific deaths? After all, HE is GOD. HE can do whatever He wants, right? We beg Him to watch over our babies-- our most beloved angels-- and He just what?? Watches as they are slaughtered??? He can cure cancer but not protect the innocents in this disgusting world?

Quoting mandy1017:,

God isn't the one who went in there and shot up the school! Some sicko was! Not gods fault at all!! You can't blame god for what people do!
Im not having issues with my faith at all!

brittney28
by Brittney on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
3 You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering...The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created. However, you need to also look at it from this point of view as well. God did not create the devil in as much as He created Lucifer which was an annointed Cherub that was one of the coverings of the throne of God (like you see on the Ark). He became Satan (the destroyer) by his own choice. The angels have free will. They are not spiritual robots. So yes, the devil is a created being, however, he became Satan when his pride distorted him to rebel against the Almighty God. Ezekiel 28:15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you. Isaiah 14:12-14 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God...Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who created the devil?

Quoting brittney28:

As strong as god is, unfortunately so is the devil. I believe this is the devils doing. You can't blame god for the awful things down here that people do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Yup. When I hear of children being killed, or parents passing away leaving behind children who need them, I can't help but BEG God to not let that happen to my family. It feels like the walls are crumbling down... what if I turn my back on the whole Christianity deal and everything in the Bible is true? I will go to Hell. Or what if God decides to harm my family because I pissed Him off?

This just does not seem right, or OK. KWIM????

Quoting Anonymous:

I am.

I am struggling a lot.

I am "God Fearing"... I think the only reason I believe is because I'm afraid of what could happen if I don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Quoting Bright.Eyes:

I don't know if you were trying to hurt me with your statement, but it certainly didn't help.

Thanks anyway.
Bright.Eyes
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this

He is both willing and able. All evil will be stopped when Christ returns.

Quoting doomshroom:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

-Epicurus

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM

God gave us free will, he did not just let those children die, someone chose on their own free will to hurt them. Think of every single one of the children who made it out of the school that day. Who says God didn't save lives that day. God was there, with all of the teachers who protected their students, and he was there with the ones who weren't saved, to bring them home. He is the one who will bring justice to their deaths. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)