Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do kids deserve privacy?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 85 Replies
As in texts or computer ect. (I hope they deserve bathroom privacy)
I only have a baby but I have mixed feelings. My beliefs are different then the majority though. The only reason I would want to see what my child was doing was to make sure they were not chatting with strangers online. Otherwise I'm pretty open. Obviously it will be awhile until I have to deal with these things so what do you guys think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Traceyssel
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom had parental controls on aol back in the day. I hated that shit
KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM

My mom would stand behind me, do house chores, glance over... (when I was 16 and first on AOL chat).   She didn't see EVERYTHING, all the time....so, I didn't mind.  My dad never liked me being on the internet, who would have thunk it that i would meet my future dh off the internet 7 years later).

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Nope

sugar_pie299
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

There are plenty of way's to monitor your child now a day's with out them knowing. I think as long as you keep tabs and they know you keep tabs on them it should be alright.

mama_bear77
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM
i have a one year old but once shes at a good age to understand ill gladly talk to her about warning, precautions and obviously parental control over the internet and phones.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Nope

Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM
My mom never had parental controls. Online I was a smart kid though I created a whole fake persona. Fake everything. I knew like so many details of my fake life lol I loved pretending to be someone different. I only told one person the truth but I made sure she was real. I mean I actually found her house # because she told me her parents name, last name and city ... God I was the creepy stalker stranger I guess. I just wanted to make sure she was a %100 legit.

Quoting Traceyssel:

My mom had parental controls on aol back in the day. I hated that shit

outtamymynd
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I give my kids their privacy but you better believe I will invade that Shit if I feel I need to. I have done it a time or two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3Dani75
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

My girls are 12 & 17...they know that at any time I can & will check their activity on the computer, I-pod, cell phone, whatever...I go through their "friends" lists on facebook too, if they can't tell me how they know a person then they get removed from the list...I've only had to do that a couple of times, my girls know what is OK behavior & what is not, we are very open & honest with each other about everything so it's not often I feel the need to check up on them :)

twisted_charlie
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

DD will not have a private computer in her room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured