Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is what my daughter buys with her lunch money!?

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter went to a big Girl Scout thing today. I have her $18 for lunch and incase they stopped for dinner on the way home. She got home starving because she spent $14 on this hat. Big dork. I think I will be sick of seeing this thing by the end of the winter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
Breamarkable
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:33 AM
She's super cute in that hat. It seems to fit her personality. Money well spent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama_carmel
1 mom liked this

In her defense... it's a cute hat! lol

fairyjester
Its cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:35 AM
I'm not bashing, but I'd be pissed if my child spent money that I had given her to eat with on something else. I would let them keep any left over money anyways, but I think it teaches a child a certain responsibility to be given money for one thing and not be allowed to spend it on another. But then again kids are kids and they don't always think "this is for food I can only spend it on food" they just know they were given money. Cute hat though.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Since there are older girls and now little girls in the troop the little girls where with the leader and the older girls where on their own checking in regularly. It's in a big convention center so they are allowed to roam around and do the activities on their own.

Quoting lilypad12788:

I love the hat, but as a Girl Scout troop leader myself, I NEVER would have let her go home starving because she wanted a hat. I know, I know, she needs to be responsible, blah blah blah, but some things you only get to do once, and some hats you only come in contact and fall in love with once ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM

My kid would be in big trouble.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Hahaha love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM
I gave her all my cash and asked if she wanted to pack a lunch but she didn't want to carry it around (because she's a pain in the ass) she did get a snack and a drink just not a full lunch.

Quoting littlesippycup:

That hat is adorable on her. Next time give her $ and pack her some snacks! LOL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Eh I figure she's the one that suffered she got home just in time for dinner so no big deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not bashing, but I'd be pissed if my child spent money that I had given her to eat with on something else. I would let them keep any left over money anyways, but I think it teaches a child a certain responsibility to be given money for one thing and not be allowed to spend it on another. But then again kids are kids and they don't always think "this is for food I can only spend it on food" they just know they were given money. Cute hat though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I think she's sleeping in it lol!

Quoting mama_carmel:

In her defense... it's a cute hat! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN