Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is what my daughter buys with her lunch money!?

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter went to a big Girl Scout thing today. I have her $18 for lunch and incase they stopped for dinner on the way home. She got home starving because she spent $14 on this hat. Big dork. I think I will be sick of seeing this thing by the end of the winter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Yup, and she'll learn from it. One time my step daughter spent all her money on a trip and when she told us how she spent it I was very upset. She loaned money to her friend. Not a big deal until she told me that her friend had money but wanted to wait to spend it. I couldn't believe she let herself be taken advantage of. So I tend to be a little strict on money

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Eh I figure she's the one that suffered she got home just in time for dinner so no big deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not bashing, but I'd be pissed if my child spent money that I had given her to eat with on something else. I would let them keep any left over money anyways, but I think it teaches a child a certain responsibility to be given money for one thing and not be allowed to spend it on another. But then again kids are kids and they don't always think "this is for food I can only spend it on food" they just know they were given money. Cute hat though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM

LOL

cute

on a side note, what kind of lunch costs 18bucks for one girl? 

Breamarkable
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Quality, handsome name.

She'll make good decisions when marrying.

.nods approvingly.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Randall

Quoting Breamarkable:

I don't blame her, something that damned adorable needs a name.

What did she name it?

Quoting LCWAmommy:

She named the damn thing lol!

Quoting Breamarkable:

She's super cute in that hat. It seems to fit her personality. Money well spent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM
$18 is more than enough for one day since the event got over at 4 I gave her the cash I had on me at the time. She wasn't going to shop she was going to participate in Girl Scout activities.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why didn't you give her spending money? I never send my kid anywhere without extra money.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM
I figured it would give her a little extra for a snack or anything extra that might cost money. Also sometimes they stop on the way home for dinner at a fast food place

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL

cute

on a side note, what kind of lunch costs 18bucks for one girl? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Because the money was given to her for food, not a hat. If I give my children money, I expect it to go toward what I am giving it to them for. I would have her pay me back the $14 and she would get a good talking to. 

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Why? She was only hurting herself missing lunch won't kill her she had a snack and apparently a ton of candy and she's 14 old enough to decide if going with out lunch is worth a hat.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kid would be in big trouble.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:56 AM

you have a point. My little one is a firstime Daisy this year. It's nice to see some of the girls stick with as long as your daughter has.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

$18 is more than enough for one day since the event got over at 4 I gave her the cash I had on me at the time. She wasn't going to shop she was going to participate in Girl Scout activities.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why didn't you give her spending money? I never send my kid anywhere without extra money.

allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Is she drinking coffee?!?!...

Lol...cute hat and well IM sure when you have her the money you didn't expect change,,,oh and IM absolutely positive she wasn't really starving
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Actually it's water she was just too lazy to open the dishwasher and get a glass lol!

Quoting allycally:

Is she drinking coffee?!?!...

Lol...cute hat and well IM sure when you have her the money you didn't expect change,,,oh and IM absolutely positive she wasn't really starving
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be upset with that too my daughter and her friends usually pool their money so they all can do something together. One friend usually doesn't have much money so they will go get something to eat and put all their money together and share something. I love that they look out for each other.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup, and she'll learn from it. One time my step daughter spent all her money on a trip and when she told us how she spent it I was very upset. She loaned money to her friend. Not a big deal until she told me that her friend had money but wanted to wait to spend it. I couldn't believe she let herself be taken advantage of. So I tend to be a little strict on money

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Eh I figure she's the one that suffered she got home just in time for dinner so no big deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not bashing, but I'd be pissed if my child spent money that I had given her to eat with on something else. I would let them keep any left over money anyways, but I think it teaches a child a certain responsibility to be given money for one thing and not be allowed to spend it on another. But then again kids are kids and they don't always think "this is for food I can only spend it on food" they just know they were given money. Cute hat though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)