Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is what my daughter buys with her lunch money!?

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter went to a big Girl Scout thing today. I have her $18 for lunch and incase they stopped for dinner on the way home. She got home starving because she spent $14 on this hat. Big dork. I think I will be sick of seeing this thing by the end of the winter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
LadySlimm
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree..also, aren't girl scouts about teaching girls how to be responsible? (among other things)

Quoting lilypad12788:

I love the hat, but as a Girl Scout troop leader myself, I NEVER would have let her go home starving because she wanted a hat. I know, I know, she needs to be responsible, blah blah blah, but some things you only get to do once, and some hats you only come in contact and fall in love with once ;)

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:27 AM
She plans on staying through Highschool. Her troop leader makes it easy though because she works around everyone's school and extracurriculars. She said usually in Highschool girls quit because they can't keep up with school stuff and Girl Scouts.

Quoting Anonymous:

you have a point. My little one is a firstime Daisy this year. It's nice to see some of the girls stick with as long as your daughter has.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

$18 is more than enough for one day since the event got over at 4 I gave her the cash I had on me at the time. She wasn't going to shop she was going to participate in Girl Scout activities.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why didn't you give her spending money? I never send my kid anywhere without extra money.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:30 AM
That's silly I have her the money to spend in food yes but I knew she wasn't going to spend the full $18 on food it was what I had on me. I'm not going to make her pay me back money I have her knowing full well it wouldn't all go towards food. She choose to spend $4 on food so what not really that big of a deal. Once I give my kids money I don't expect anything back from it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because the money was given to her for food, not a hat. If I give my children money, I expect it to go toward what I am giving it to them for. I would have her pay me back the $14 and she would get a good talking to. 

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Why? She was only hurting herself missing lunch won't kill her she had a snack and apparently a ton of candy and she's 14 old enough to decide if going with out lunch is worth a hat.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kid would be in big trouble.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:44 AM
She got ripped off! They have those in DTLA for $8. Lol Cute girl though. :)
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:48 AM
I'm not surprised she said one of the food carts had bananas for $2!! Really $2 for a stinking banana!?

Quoting Anonymous:

She got ripped off! They have those in DTLA for $8. Lol Cute girl though. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I would skip lunch for that hat! So cute!

mommielouboutin
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Lol so freaking cute :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:50 AM

LMAO sounds like something I would do.

Awesome hat.  Your DD has character  ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:53 AM

aww lol that hat looks cute  it was worth the lunch i think

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:55 AM

What can I expect, from your other posts, your kids walk all over you.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

That's silly I have her the money to spend in food yes but I knew she wasn't going to spend the full $18 on food it was what I had on me. I'm not going to make her pay me back money I have her knowing full well it wouldn't all go towards food. She choose to spend $4 on food so what not really that big of a deal. Once I give my kids money I don't expect anything back from it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because the money was given to her for food, not a hat. If I give my children money, I expect it to go toward what I am giving it to them for. I would have her pay me back the $14 and she would get a good talking to. 

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Why? She was only hurting herself missing lunch won't kill her she had a snack and apparently a ton of candy and she's 14 old enough to decide if going with out lunch is worth a hat.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kid would be in big trouble.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN