Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe in godless good people?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
They say once you push God out you only leave room for the Devil. There are plenty of religions out there, who really is to say which one is correct? I know that people have killed a lot in the name of religion too. I know atheist who are generally peaceful though I'm not sure on the complete past of the non-religion. I'm not atheist nor am I religious. I'm agnostic because I believe if there is a God that he works his way through science. Please don't bash my beliefs, I would never do that to you. I know I have heard stories of some atheist suing to have religious monuments removed like a Christmas tree. Never the less do you think because they are godless people that they are generally bad people?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jcothrine
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:36 AM

there are good people in any and all religions and good and bad people who don't have a religion at all.....

that is my opinion......

JC

kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM
4 moms liked this

No, not at all. I'm a godless heathen, and a very nice person if I do say so myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM
10 moms liked this
I've met more "evil" christians then I have "godless" people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Yes. Not believing in God doesn't mean they lack goodness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this

There is a difference between pushing god out and just not believing there is one. There are a lot of good people that don't believe there is a god. 

Bianca008
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I call myself a heathen too ! I am a very nice person also....to me god is an imaginary friend.....and the same would go for the devil. To me there is no heaven or hell. If you do not believe in it, it does not exist. I do not understand how they say if you do not believe in god you must have evil in you. Nope sorry I am a loving and compassionate person. I do believe in Karma though.

Quoting kit_manson:

No, not at all. I'm a godless heathen, and a very nice person if I do say so myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Sure, but they will burst hell wide open the same as a person who is a murderer or an adulterer. Just being a good person will not get you into Heaven. Yeah, yeah I  know, you don't believe in God so why would you believe in Heavan and hell. You don't have to. That's right. But just because you don't believe in them doesn't mean they aren't real. The Bible states that every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord in the end. Yeah, yeah I know you don't believe in the Bible either, blah blah blah. I guess we will just have to wait and see won't we. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a little smug. Well, I've read the book and I know how it ends. :) It's just a matter of when.

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I believe most people are good. Yes all make mistakes and sin, but most have good intentions regardless of beliefs.

Christian
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Quoting Jcothrine:

there are good people in any and all religions and good and bad people who don't have a religion at all.....

that is my opinion......

JC

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Smug anon?

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure, but they will burst hell wide open the same as a person who is a murderer or an adulterer. Just being a good person will not get you into Heaven. Yeah, yeah I  know, you don't believe in God so why would you believe in Heavan and hell. You don't have to. That's right. But just because you don't believe in them doesn't mean they aren't real. The Bible states that every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord in the end. Yeah, yeah I know you don't believe in the Bible either, blah blah blah. I guess we will just have to wait and see won't we. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a little smug. Well, I've read the book and I know how it ends. :) It's just a matter of when.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN