Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hesitant to wanting my kids going

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 4 Replies
I feel hesitant in wanting my kids to attend school this next week before Christmas break... I still have such a heavy heart and I cannot imagine dropping off my sweet kids and getting a phone call or anything of the sort saying you'll never see them again... When in the morning you wave at them, smile, give hugs and kisses and still my heart will not want to let them go :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM
I dont, I want my son to have a fun holiday party with his friends, go on his field trip to the seniors home to visit those without family etc. I dont want to deprive him of his childhood out of fear
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I can understand that fear.  I'd probably a bit nervous too if my kids were in school.

I remember the day after the VT shooting I went with friend up to Chicago. We went to a Cub game at Wrigley. I honestly was SO afraid some crazy guy might come into the stadium and shoot people. I know it might sound silly but i think after a horrible tragedy like what happened in CT it does cross ones mind.

Johnsonmommy5
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I think you're right... A horrible tragedy just brings those "what if" fears front and center.

They will go and enjoy school this last week before break but it doesn't mean my heart isn't still heavy and feels that hesitation.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I can understand that fear.  I'd probably a bit nervous too if my kids were in school.

I remember the day after the VT shooting I went with friend up to Chicago. We went to a Cub game at Wrigley. I honestly was SO afraid some crazy guy might come into the stadium and shoot people. I know it might sound silly but i think after a horrible tragedy like what happened in CT it does cross ones mind.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Honestly I don't think there is anything wrong with a bit of fear as long as it doesnt' control you. I think it's normal for a lot of people to feel this way.

Quoting Johnsonmommy5:

I think you're right... A horrible tragedy just brings those "what if" fears front and center.

They will go and enjoy school this last week before break but it doesn't mean my heart isn't still heavy and feels that hesitation.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

"I'll be home for Christmas if only in my dreams"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)