Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

15 month old with lice???? Wth!

Posted by   + Show Post
Yep. This is so disgusting and embarrassing but both my dds have lice. My 5 1/2 yo started scratching today and an hour and a half later I had pulled 2 huge lice and about 100 nits. I felt so itchy myself I rushed to my sisters house so she could check me too but she said I was clean. We were playing with my 15 mo and jokingly I said oh let's check her. My sister started messing with her hair and right away found one. About an hour later she pulled 2 lice as well and about 25 nits. I am in shock and feel so bad and horrible and I don't know what to do. This is the first time for my oldest to have them and I would have never imagined my lil one would have them too. I refuse to use pesticides for their hair so for now I will be going through their hair EVERYDAY until I get everyone of those dame ugly things. I sleep with my little one and about once a week my oldest sleeps with me too. I know it's a matter of time before I get them too which I'm surprised I haven't yet :/ Any mommies have any natural remedies?? I read rosemary and tea tree oil helped. Oh Lord I feel like crying. Help!!??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Replies (111-120):
beans13
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Once you are rid of it. Most the hair with a spray of tea tree oil and water to keep them away. I also only wash dd's hair once a week. We we t through lice hell last year. Used a product called Resultz. It is non-pesticide and the only thing that worked. We tried the mayo, oil etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM
They shaved his head :-(

And got him the special shampoo from the pediatrician

Quoting babybuddafly:

Maybe I was just closed off but It never crossed my mind that lil ones could have them so young :( how did you get rid of them?

Quoting acrogodess:

My s/o's much younger cousin gave ds lice when ds was just 10 months old. :'(

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Danged phone. I hit anon by accident

Quoting Anonymous:

They shaved his head :-(

And got him the special shampoo from the pediatrician

Quoting babybuddafly:

Maybe I was just closed off but It never crossed my mind that lil ones could have them so young :( how did you get rid of them?

Quoting acrogodess:

My s/o's much younger cousin gave ds lice when ds was just 10 months old. :'(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybuddafly
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Oh my goodness poor you lol. No shaving here haha

Quoting xpectingmama10:

The vinegar is for effective that's why we did it more offer they like the sweet smell of it and it kills them. I had if off and on for 5 years. My parents chopped all my hair off too. But I don't suggest that lol I am still traumatized 18 years later.

Quoting babybuddafly:

When I was little and had them my mom would always saturate my hair with alcohol and sit me in the sun while she went through my hair. That didn't make them go away for me :/

Quoting xpectingmama10:

I had long long hair as a child so they loved me I got it all the time until my mom washed my hair with rubbing alcohol once a week and vinegar every other day and it never came back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybuddafly
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Fingers crossed!

Quoting Anonymous:

No just as long as its conditioner for black people. We got ours at the dollar store. Lol

My daddy made a mistake while buying conditioner for my mother and mom was like try this for lice. So I did.

Quoting babybuddafly:

I am adding that to my list for today's shopping trip. Does it matter what brand or as long as its meant for black hair?

Quoting Anonymous:

it really does work.. My kids school is horrible about lice. I used it on her last year and she hasn't had lice since. I assume it works because lice can't attach to hair that's oily. It makes our hair oily if we use that conditioner. It's hard to get out of the hair that's why I said wash her hair 5 or so times. It's not like conditioner for white people's hair.

Quoting babybuddafly:

Really? I wonder why it worked but right now I don't care as long as it does lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know it sounds odd but use conditioner for black people's hair. Let it set over night and then wash there hair about 5 times then comb.. My dd hasn't had lice since.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_3.0
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

*scratched head all over*

what worked for my kids was smothering their heads with mayonnaise and wrapping in seran wrap tightly then after an hour, take it off, wash and comb out lice and nits. gl.

xpectingmama10
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Lol not shaved just boy short ughhhh someone posted a middle school field trip pic on fb and it was me with short hair. Looool ewwww

Quoting babybuddafly:

Oh my goodness poor you lol. No shaving here haha

Quoting xpectingmama10:

The vinegar is for effective that's why we did it more offer they like the sweet smell of it and it kills them. I had if off and on for 5 years. My parents chopped all my hair off too. But I don't suggest that lol I am still traumatized 18 years later.

Quoting babybuddafly:

When I was little and had them my mom would always saturate my hair with alcohol and sit me in the sun while she went through my hair. That didn't make them go away for me :/

Quoting xpectingmama10:

I had long long hair as a child so they loved me I got it all the time until my mom washed my hair with rubbing alcohol once a week and vinegar every other day and it never came back.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babybuddafly
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I read putting rosemary twigs under the pillow helped. I'm goingto look for that shampoo. I wonder if they have it at whole foods??

Quoting weezer_cookie:

There was an outbreak at my DD school, so she now has Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel shampoo. I bought it on amazon. It is a bit spendy but I'm paranoid she will get lice from the school. So far so good!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarafinn2012
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM

real mayonaisse. Slather it on,cover it with a shower cap or bag and leave it for several hours. Rinse. Repeat if necessary a couple days later. It smothers the bugs.

babybuddafly
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM
What would be the ratio of water and tea tree because I know it's strong.

Quoting beans13:

Once you are rid of it. Most the hair with a spray of tea tree oil and water to keep them away. I also only wash dd's hair once a week. We we t through lice hell last year. Used a product called Resultz. It is non-pesticide and the only thing that worked. We tried the mayo, oil etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN