Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

15 month old with lice???? Wth!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM
  • 133 Replies
Yep. This is so disgusting and embarrassing but both my dds have lice. My 5 1/2 yo started scratching today and an hour and a half later I had pulled 2 huge lice and about 100 nits. I felt so itchy myself I rushed to my sisters house so she could check me too but she said I was clean. We were playing with my 15 mo and jokingly I said oh let's check her. My sister started messing with her hair and right away found one. About an hour later she pulled 2 lice as well and about 25 nits. I am in shock and feel so bad and horrible and I don't know what to do. This is the first time for my oldest to have them and I would have never imagined my lil one would have them too. I refuse to use pesticides for their hair so for now I will be going through their hair EVERYDAY until I get everyone of those dame ugly things. I sleep with my little one and about once a week my oldest sleeps with me too. I know it's a matter of time before I get them too which I'm surprised I haven't yet :/ Any mommies have any natural remedies?? I read rosemary and tea tree oil helped. Oh Lord I feel like crying. Help!!??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Mayo or tea tree oil
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

We use Quit Nits, it's all natural and non-toxic and it smells like sugar cookies....

babybuddafly
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM
What is it and where do you get it from??

Quoting Dzyre1115:

We use Quit Nits, it's all natural and non-toxic and it smells like sugar cookies....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM

mine got it real bad one year , the dr told me to cover thier hair in helmanns brand mayo ( yes for some reason it has to be that brand ) cover thier heads with a shower cap over night , it smothers the lice , dont feel bad it happens

First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM

neem oil

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM

It's by Wild Child and you can get it at CVS or Walgreens.

Quoting babybuddafly:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

babybuddafly
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I was reading about the mayo and olive oil and Vaseline & all that - that it pretty much just doesn't let them move so it's easier to pick them out or comb them but not necessarily kill them on its own. I don't think my lil one would let me do that. I might try it with my 5 yo. & thank you I know it happens to a lot but I still feel horrible they have them :(

Quoting Anonymous:

mine got it real bad one year , the dr told me to cover thier hair in helmanns brand mayo ( yes for some reason it has to be that brand ) cover thier heads with a shower cap over night , it smothers the lice , dont feel bad it happens

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybuddafly
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM
How do you use it?

Quoting First_One_8_18:

neem oil

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybuddafly
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Thanks! I'ma look into it!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

It's by Wild Child and you can get it at CVS or Walgreens.

Quoting babybuddafly:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I know what you mean my Nephew had it so bad one time I had to shave his head....I asked him if his head itched and he said no....im telling you he prob have 1000 large bugs in hair and im not joking...I couldn't believe it I was in shock!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)