Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

15 month old with lice???? Wth!

Posted by   + Show Post
Yep. This is so disgusting and embarrassing but both my dds have lice. My 5 1/2 yo started scratching today and an hour and a half later I had pulled 2 huge lice and about 100 nits. I felt so itchy myself I rushed to my sisters house so she could check me too but she said I was clean. We were playing with my 15 mo and jokingly I said oh let's check her. My sister started messing with her hair and right away found one. About an hour later she pulled 2 lice as well and about 25 nits. I am in shock and feel so bad and horrible and I don't know what to do. This is the first time for my oldest to have them and I would have never imagined my lil one would have them too. I refuse to use pesticides for their hair so for now I will be going through their hair EVERYDAY until I get everyone of those dame ugly things. I sleep with my little one and about once a week my oldest sleeps with me too. I know it's a matter of time before I get them too which I'm surprised I haven't yet :/ Any mommies have any natural remedies?? I read rosemary and tea tree oil helped. Oh Lord I feel like crying. Help!!??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Replies (131-133):
beans13
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM
About 10 drops per cup of water in a spray bottle.

Quoting babybuddafly:

What would be the ratio of water and tea tree because I know it's strong.

Quoting beans13:

Once you are rid of it. Most the hair with a spray of tea tree oil and water to keep them away. I also only wash dd's hair once a week. We we t through lice hell last year. Used a product called Resultz. It is non-pesticide and the only thing that worked. We tried the mayo, oil etc.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babybuddafly
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Thanks!

Quoting beans13:

About 10 drops per cup of water in a spray bottle.

Quoting babybuddafly:

What would be the ratio of water and tea tree because I know it's strong.

Quoting beans13:

Once you are rid of it. Most the hair with a spray of tea tree oil and water to keep them away. I also only wash dd's hair once a week. We we t through lice hell last year. Used a product called Resultz. It is non-pesticide and the only thing that worked. We tried the mayo, oil etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jujubear1
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM

My dd got them once, about 4 or 5 years ago.  A friend suggested using a blow dryer to dry her hair.  Not every day, but once or twice a week is enough.  Little suckers can't stand the heat.  I had already treated her hair and got rid of them, but every so often I still blow dry her hair and she hasn't had a problem since.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)