Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

15 month old with lice???? Wth!

Posted by   + Show Post
Yep. This is so disgusting and embarrassing but both my dds have lice. My 5 1/2 yo started scratching today and an hour and a half later I had pulled 2 huge lice and about 100 nits. I felt so itchy myself I rushed to my sisters house so she could check me too but she said I was clean. We were playing with my 15 mo and jokingly I said oh let's check her. My sister started messing with her hair and right away found one. About an hour later she pulled 2 lice as well and about 25 nits. I am in shock and feel so bad and horrible and I don't know what to do. This is the first time for my oldest to have them and I would have never imagined my lil one would have them too. I refuse to use pesticides for their hair so for now I will be going through their hair EVERYDAY until I get everyone of those dame ugly things. I sleep with my little one and about once a week my oldest sleeps with me too. I know it's a matter of time before I get them too which I'm surprised I haven't yet :/ Any mommies have any natural remedies?? I read rosemary and tea tree oil helped. Oh Lord I feel like crying. Help!!??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Replies (91-100):
sassygoddess
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

They say it's very rare for an adult to get them because we put product in our hair and blowdry our hair and the lice don't like it..but their is a spray at wal mart called lice free..it's non toxic and works wonders.

babybuddafly
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Maybe I was just closed off but It never crossed my mind that lil ones could have them so young :( how did you get rid of them?

Quoting acrogodess:

My s/o's much younger cousin gave ds lice when ds was just 10 months old. :'(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybuddafly
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Thank you. I don't put any product in my hair or heat style it and she sleeps with me. I'm sooo scared of getting them. Today I pulled another lice and about 15 nits from my lil one :,(

Quoting sassygoddess:

They say it's very rare for an adult to get them because we put product in our hair and blowdry our hair and the lice don't like it..but their is a spray at wal mart called lice free..it's non toxic and works wonders.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saille717
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Use regular blue Dawn dish soap -- it'll leave their hair listless but it'll kill the lice and nits.  

Lice like clean hair and they spread like crazy.  Look up the house cleaning proceedures and do them for a week or two while monitorring the girls heads.  

babybuddafly
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Really? This is the first I've heard of that. Thank you!

Quoting Saille717:

Use regular blue Dawn dish soap -- it'll leave their hair listless but it'll kill the lice and nits.  

Lice like clean hair and they spread like crazy.  Look up the house cleaning proceedures and do them for a week or two while monitorring the girls heads.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saille717
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM

My MIL told me about it and it appears to work.  It does strip the hair, but it;s better than the bugs!  lolz

Just make sure you follow the proceedures for bedding, stuffed animals, etc, or they'll just keep picking them back up.  

babybuddafly
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Their hair is so silky and straight. It needs some texture lol

Quoting Saille717:

My MIL told me about it and it appears to work.  It does strip the hair, but it;s better than the bugs!  lolz

Just make sure you follow the proceedures for bedding, stuffed animals, etc, or they'll just keep picking them back up.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saille717
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM

And those little buggers like soft, clean homes like that.  it's a mistaken thing that "dirty" people get lice....lice don't like product or grease, they go for nice clean heads.  

Quoting babybuddafly:

Quoting Saille717:

xpectingmama10
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I had long long hair as a child so they loved me I got it all the time until my mom washed my hair with rubbing alcohol once a week and vinegar every other day and it never came back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babybuddafly
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Then I'm going to layer a ton of junk from now on :)

Quoting Saille717:

And those little buggers like soft, clean homes like that.  it's a mistaken thing that "dirty" people get lice....lice don't like product or grease, they go for nice clean heads.  

Quoting babybuddafly:

Quoting Saille717:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)