Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do You think

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM
  • 11 Replies

Here is a thought to think:
I saw this on ABC news, there has been 30 massacres since the 80s BUT 15 of them were this year... do u think it might have to do (mental illness or what ever) with the "FAKE " food or Chemicals that we consume or use in our homes and bodies? Just a thought. I myself use these and now think has this been safe?
Also the TV shows that are on now crime , reality , etc. What happened to the shows I grew up with, Cosby show, Family matters, TGIF on Fridays, Rosanne, Golden Girls etc. Now a days its all Violence and fighting. nothing to put you in a Good Mood

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Yes.. you are right!

That Twinkie you just ate is going to make you go psycho and go on a shooting spree!!

tears78
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM

im being serious you moron,,, before all this chemical stuff and fake things as well as violence we see now ... diddnt exist quiet as much as we see it now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes.. you are right!

That Twinkie you just ate is going to make you go psycho and go on a shooting spree!!

tears78
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

by the way I HATE TWINKIES

THEY ARE GROSS

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes.. you are right!

piratehooker
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Mmmmmm twinkies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Love060708kids
by Amanda on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM

*giggle*

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes.. you are right!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM

No, i don't think the food we eat makes people go so crazy they walk into places and randomly blow peopel away. What he did was a purposeful, premeditated act according to the guns he had in his car and on his person and that he'd had an altercation with someone prior to the shooting.  He killed his mother and then purposely but methodically blew away those children and teachers. It was purposeful and premeditated. It wasn't the food he ate.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM
I think a lot of it are exhausted parents who are spread too thin that are completely out if touch with their children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Farmlady09
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I think it's at least possible ... or part of the problem.

Our bodies evolved for centuries to thrive on real food ~ and real food is getting pretty hard to come by. Most of what is available is either processed (reduced to basically cardboard, colored, pumped full of artificial flavor and vitamins, and reconstituted with chemically treated tap water ~ and then cooked in teflon so a few more chemicals can be added).

I know I grow my own food (and have for years). I now raise our own meat animals as well. What little I do purchase (grains mostly) I insist on being gmo free and organic. Yes, it costs more ... but ... I'm healthy.

I've lived for 31 years with RA and SLE. I take no drugs for either because I'm allergic to them, but after seeing the horrible things the drugs do to others, I truly think I'm better off. At 51 years of age, I spend my days handling animals ranging from 1 pound to 680 pounds. I sling around 50 pound bales of hay. I lug wheelbarrows full of manure, compost, etc. There are periods of time when I pretty much spend three days on my feet processing food from our garden or putting meat into canning jars or the freezer. I skip any form of HFCS, gmo crud, drug laden meat, or produce sprayed with poison and picked by people who poop on it/their hands, and keep right on picking more. My food isn't coated with wax or chemicals to keep it fresh or pretty.

Like I said, I'm healthy (even with RA and SLE). I'm healthier than most people I know who eat all that crap. My boys grew up healthy (I can count on one hand the number of times all three of them were sick while growing up).

So yes OP ~ I think you might be on to something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I think that it's the lower quality of life.

tears78
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM

thank u, For understanding what I was talking about :)

Quoting Farmlady09:

I think it's at least possible ... or part of the problem.

Our bodies evolved for centuries to thrive on real food ~ and real food is getting pretty hard to come by. Most of what is available is either processed (reduced to basically cardboard, colored, pumped full of artificial flavor and vitamins, and reconstituted with chemically treated tap water ~ and then cooked in teflon so a few more chemicals can be added).

I know I grow my own food (and have for years). I now raise our own meat animals as well. What little I do purchase (grains mostly) I insist on being gmo free and organic. Yes, it costs more ... but ... I'm healthy.

I've lived for 31 years with RA and SLE. I take no drugs for either because I'm allergic to them, but after seeing the horrible things the drugs do to others, I truly think I'm better off. At 51 years of age, I spend my days handling animals ranging from 1 pound to 680 pounds. I sling around 50 pound bales of hay. I lug wheelbarrows full of manure, compost, etc. There are periods of time when I pretty much spend three days on my feet processing food from our garden or putting meat into canning jars or the freezer. I skip any form of HFCS, gmo crud, drug laden meat, or produce sprayed with poison and picked by people who poop on it/their hands, and keep right on picking more. My food isn't coated with wax or chemicals to keep it fresh or pretty.

Like I said, I'm healthy (even with RA and SLE). I'm healthier than most people I know who eat all that crap. My boys grew up healthy (I can count on one hand the number of times all three of them were sick while growing up).

So yes OP ~ I think you might be on to something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured