Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calling all stepmoms

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:55 PM
  • 77 Replies
I have a legitimate question. All I ever see on here from stepmoms is how BM is a piece of shit, how she does wrong by her kids, how the stepmom is the one stepping up for these poor kids the BM doesn't take care of.

Now, I happen to be a BM and I know for a fact that my ex tells his new girlfriends all sorts of made up horror stories about me to explain why he is a shitty father.

So I have two questions, one, why do so many of you have problems with the BM? Is it based on stuff she actually does or are you just siding with your man?

Question two, are there any stepmoms out here who don't have an issue with the BM, or who do what I do with my mans ex, and just stay out of it completely?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Nobody?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Our BM really is a piece of shit, but I dont really have a problem with her, considering we NEVER see or hear from her, other than the occassional middle of the night " I need crack or bail money" calls, but I think I put a stop to that now...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM
I don't have an issue with bm because i choose not to. She has an issue with me, i done know why. Luckily i don't have to deal with her. Lol.
krystyneh
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM
My SD's BM fought for her to stay in NH so DH and I couldn't have her in VT. SD lives with my in laws. The day after the judge said that SD was to stay living in NH she up and moved 8 hours into ME. She has NO contact with SD anymore. She messages me on Facebook to have me relay messages to my SD. She doesn't pay for anything for SD. Also when SD was a baby (this was caught on tape by a private investigator) BM leaving the apartment with SD still in there in her crib for 1-3 hours at a time. Now SD is 11 and the last time she spoke to her (MIL had to call her to talk to her about what is going on with SD who has ADHD and RAD) she spoke to SD and asked her if she's kissed a boy yet and lost her virginity yet. BM told SD that when she's 16 she can have a baby if she wants to. Now not all BMs are bad but there are quite a few out there that are.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM

with my husband's dd, her mom and I are fine, sd lives with mom and we all get along

ss's mom is a piece of shit that hasnt seen him since 2006, sends no child support or any gifts, cards, letters, etc..and is pregnant with her 5th kid, only one of whom she has custody of...she abused my ss to the point of brain damage, so yeah, I have a problem with her

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I have a great relationship with bm, we actually were very good friends in high school. I have issues with her parenting or sometimes lack of and that is based on my observations alone. If i think my DH is just being a dick i will let him know. BM gave us full custody when SD was 1 because she wanted her freedom. So basically i have raised her, but bm is not a bad person she is just selfish and not cut out for motherhood.

la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Ok, I will agree about your kids BM. But I find it odd that so many moms are supposedly that bad on this site.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our BM really is a piece of shit, but I dont really have a problem with her, considering we NEVER see or hear from her, other than the occassional middle of the night " I need crack or bail money" calls, but I think I put a stop to that now...

carolyntx
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I stay out of it. She does hate me but not for any legitimate reason which she readily admits :/

As far as her as a mother she's good to the kids, maybe a little tenancy towards using them to get her way but overall she's a good mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM
That's a valid reason.

Quoting shivasgirl:

with my husband's dd, her mom and I are fine, sd lives with mom and we all get along

ss's mom is a piece of shit that hasnt seen him since 2006, sends no child support or any gifts, cards, letters, etc..and is pregnant with her 5th kid, only one of whom she has custody of...she abused my ss to the point of brain damage, so yeah, I have a problem with her

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I adopted my stepson, he is my son, before I adopted him when his mother was still legally involved, I didn't like her, I still don't like her. I'm civil with her for his sake, but I will never like her. It's not about things my husband has said, it's about simple truths, she neglected him, she emotionally abused him, she didn't take care of him, she acted irresponsibly with him, almost killing him multiple times, these are all proven things, not hearsay, but the reasons why she lost custody and was only allowed near him if supervised. She ultimately decided to terminate her rights because she didn't want to be a mom. I honestly pity her, she had a hard time at life and I get why she acts as she does, but I could never like someone who treated my child in that manner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured