• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone had a staph infection cut out, not drained?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 12 Replies
My fiancé has one and he's treated it with antibiotics and it was drained twice and it's growing again.

The doctor mentioned once that it might need to be surgically removed, does anyone know what all that entails?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Anyone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelby212302
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Sorry bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM
It's just like removing a tumor but on the outside. He might have a small indent scar left on his skin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Ok, can they do it at the doctors office or does he have to go to the er for that?

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

It's just like removing a tumor but on the outside. He might have a small indent scar left on his skin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM

My ex had it done.

They left the wound open and I had to wrap medicated string around the inside of the hole every few hours.

Nastiest. Shit. Ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM
MRSA? I work in a wound clinic and treat those who have or have ever had MRSA Staph infections as contact precautions, which means gloves for everything and medical-grade alcohol disinfectant. If he has any little cut or scrape in the skin and takes a bath, etc. The MRSA can be introduced to a different area of the body. If it isn't taken care of it can get really bad. It can even be deadly.
Charliesmommy11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM
It's generally an outpatient procedure that his pcp or whoever has treated it in the past can do.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Ok, can they do it at the doctors office or does he have to go to the er for that?

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

stressedmama24
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM
My dd had to have her fingernail removed bc it was at the edge of her nail. She still gets flairups bc once it gets in ur blood u have it for life. And anything can cause a flairup. Even a bug bite.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I think it's just a staph infection, not mrsa. They did cultures on it and he was on antibiotics and the boil/staph infection would go down but never completely go away. Its been drained twice.

Quoting Anonymous:

MRSA? I work in a wound clinic and treat those who have or have ever had MRSA Staph infections as contact precautions, which means gloves for everything and medical-grade alcohol disinfectant. If he has any little cut or scrape in the skin and takes a bath, etc. The MRSA can be introduced to a different area of the body. If it isn't taken care of it can get really bad. It can even be deadly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Ok, that's what we were hoping for. He's calling his pcp tomorrow morning.

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

It's generally an outpatient procedure that his pcp or whoever has treated it in the past can do.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)