• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

forgiving infidelity

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM
  • 48 Replies

Another post got me thinking and i was wondering are women more likely to forgive infidelity than men are ? You hear all the time how a man will cheat and with a lot of groveling and counselling the wife will stay and work things out . However as soon as a wife cheats usually the husband will leave. I don't know for certain men are more likely to leave it was just a conversation to pass the time i once had with another coworker. i would love to hear  any thoughts on it though : )

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh forgave me when i cheated and got pregnant. He is raising the baby as his.
jkampbyll
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh forgave me when i cheated and got pregnant. He is raising the baby as his.

im glad  i know cheating is horrible but i believe if a person can be strong enough to forgive and work things out their marriage can be stronger than before. your dh sounds like a great guy that was a lot of pride he must of had to swallow.

jkampbyll
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:13 AM

BUMP

kidlover2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM
I forgave my husband for cheating on me. He still left. I thank God everyday for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I actually think men are more forgiving. 

_cloudy_
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Everyone who cheats should look deeply into having an open or poly relationship. Cheating is a sign that monogamy might not be the best life style for them.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM

If df cheated on me, I would leave.

If I cheated on him, he would leave.

Brandyns87
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I don't know if there is a gender who forgives more often. I've known an equal number of men and women who forgave cheaters. It seems like when a cheater is forgiven easily they just go out and do it again. It also seems like there are people who are so afraid of being alone that they just deal with it... like there's no one else in the world who would want them. It's sad.

Buggy979
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM
This

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

If df cheated on me, I would leave.

If I cheated on him, he would leave.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1BoyManyGirls
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM
My husband and I both agreed we'd leave each other if either one of us cheated. That's just something that can't be forgotten about and forgiven for in a marriage.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)