Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

little angels

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I cry when I think of the newtown shooting. Mostly I cry for those children and families that lost so much. Partly I cry because I am reminded of a little girl I knew years and years ago.
Her name was Cheyenne and she was 7 years old. She had red hair and freckles all over her face. She had a beautiful smile that made you want to smile back. She loved horses and riding her bike and playing guitar. She was a living angel. I never saw her say or do anything hurtful.
Apparently God realized he had sent an angel to earth because 10 days before Christmas while her mother was driving her and 2 of her friends to cheerleading practice she got into an accident. No one else was hurt. Cheyenne lost her life.
I remember crying for her mother. They already had presents under the tree and I could just picture her curling up by the tree and those presents that she had picked special just for Cheyenne and crying. Questioning. Blaming. Herself and God.
I cried for nights about her mother. I knew Cheyenne was in a better place. I knew she would be well taken care of. I would miss her but I was sad for her mother.

Hearing about this so close to the holiday ... it just brought back memories.

Why does God take the good so young?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Dreamscape1014
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:20 AM
So sad :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM
It is sad. Now I keep thinking of all the things that Cheyenne and those children will never do. They will never get to have a first kiss or go to a school dance. They wont get to experience the butterflies caused by a crush. They wont get to graduate and have families of their own. They will never get jobs or drive a car. They will never get to experience so much.

Quoting Dreamscape1014:

Dreamscape1014
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I know :'( I couldn't imagine losing a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is sad. Now I keep thinking of all the things that Cheyenne and those children will never do. They will never get to have a first kiss or go to a school dance. They wont get to experience the butterflies caused by a crush. They wont get to graduate and have families of their own. They will never get jobs or drive a car. They will never get to experience so much.

Quoting Dreamscape1014:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)