Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM
  • 29 Replies
Ok I take sleeping pills to help me sleep at night other wise wide awake. Well last night I took some Ambien and ended up texting with my youngest daughter but I don't even remember it and then I put a post up on my FB about how I can't slap the stupid out of somebody so I might have to run them over and see if that would help! Well I went on FB and removed the post lol now I'm a bit scared to take any more because of last night... But at least it wasn't to bad and I didn't go outside or do anything else strange just texting and posting lol. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Lol, can you take 1/2 of one or is it a capsule? 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

What dosage did you take?

Ambien does nothing for me at all......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

My husband took an Ambien and drove in the middle of the night with our then 3 yr old and apparently hit the curb and busted a tire.  he put our 3 yr old to sit on the trunk and went in the car to get his Ipad after calling my Mother to come get her but ended up passing out in the front seat all while our helpless daughter sat on the trunk of the car in the middle of the night in the parking lot of a gas station.  Luckily nothing happened except that i nearly divorced him and quickly got rid of those pills and let him know that if he took them again that he would be served with divorce papers the next day because I will not have my children's lives put at risk for his stupidity!

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
That you know of!!! Lol, jk. But it makes my dad do crazy stuff too and he has no memory of it.

Quoting Sassy762:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!! How terrifying!!

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband took an Ambien and drove in the middle of the night with our then 3 yr old and apparently hit the curb and busted a tire.  he put our 3 yr old to sit on the trunk and went in the car to get his Ipad after calling my Mother to come get her but ended up passing out in the front seat all while our helpless daughter sat on the trunk of the car in the middle of the night in the parking lot of a gas station.  Luckily nothing happened except that i nearly divorced him and quickly got rid of those pills and let him know that if he took them again that he would be served with divorce papers the next day because I will not have my children's lives put at risk for his stupidity!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

No...... really I have never fallen asleep after taking it. I have tried it several times. I do have a high tolerance to medication

Quoting Snapdragon88:

That you know of!!! Lol, jk. But it makes my dad do crazy stuff too and he has no memory of it.

Quoting Sassy762:

Lynnie68
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM
I have 20 mg's and wow I will not be taking 20 mg's again! And as far as I know I got rid of the post now just been waiting to see if I get anybody posting about anything last night... My daughter's thought it was funny as hell!! And the husband that took them and went in the car with your guys daughter I don't blame you at all I would of been so freaked out and mad just glad to hear that they are ok.. Well to say the least tonight my phone sure wont be any where around me tonight while I sleep..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I would not be ok with that. There are way too many other options to deal with those side effects. I would look at some alternatives and never take the other without someone babysitting me.
harpsichord
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Trazodone works well for me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I overdosed on Ambien because I didnt remember taking them. I went back for another pill 20 mins after the first one.. then another 5 mins later.. repeat every 5 mins at most until i had enough that I was incoherently texting dh and he knew something was up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)