Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

because of the shooting and all of the threats...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Are you going to pull your kids out of school and homeschool them? Or even if not in school yet will you make them homeschool due to all of the current events? My husband came home today and informed me that he would like to home school our kids. Honestly I do not like that idea. I want my kids to go to school.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momtimestwo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM
My kids will continue to attend public school until I say otherwise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

My kids are not school aged yet.  We have always mostly considered homeschool though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Due to all of the current events have those feelings of home schooling become stronger? Our kids too are not school age so I'm glad about that. Gives us a couple more years.

Quoting PEEK05:

My kids are not school aged yet.  We have always mostly considered homeschool though.

1BoyManyGirls
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Considering my youngest is in 10th grade, she will continue to go to her private Christian school.
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM

The thought of homeschooling has crossed my mind, but I honestly don't think it's what I'm going to do. My kids thrive in public school and love going to be with other kids their ages. It's really hard for me to not worry every single day that they're gone, but I can't live my life in fear and I can't teach my kids that that's the way to live either.

carter210
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM
My son is in 1st grade and will stay in public school. The thought has never even crossed my mind.

There's danger just about everywhere now: malls, schools, movies. I personally I feel my son is very safe. His school has 2 police officers there at all times.
reaandiziesmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

No, I will not live in fear. I will keep our life as normal as possible and hush the part of me that is terrified.

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM
We already homeschool.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Our kids aren't in school yet.  I send DS1 to preschool, but it's a small church preschool.  We honestly don't know.  I'm currently a SAHM who was looking forward to sending my kids to school for 8 hours a day, but...who knows?  We live in a great area.  Cops have been a regular part of the school for over a decade.  Cops get the "school beat" and are literally assigned to a school.  They are on school grounds 2 hours before school and remain until 2 hours after.  (They work in shifts, and rotate who has the school beat every few weeks.)  And they have always had their guns.  It's part of a very successful effort to teach younger generations not to fear the police.  Students get to know those cops, and talk to them often.  They don't get in trouble when they seek counsel from the cop.  Like, "I got invited to this drinking party."  The cops wouldn't demand details on the party, they wouldn't arrest or threaten the student, they'd simply remind him what could happen and to be safe.  Kind of that extra nudge some kids need to do the right things.

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM
My son will remain in school until a change is necessary due to academic reasons only and not because of fear and paranoia. Both hubby and I are on the same page with that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)