Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sil is pissed about Christmas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
No one would make up their mind as to whether they were hosting Christmas this year. Mil talked about making spaghetti but we weren't going to go there for that.

We are hosting a catered party on Saturday and dh said well let's just order extra food and they can come here. I wasn't happy but said whatever. He told mil that we had to know by noon today if they were coming and to call her dd/my sil.

When I called mil today she said she's sick and won't be coming for Christmas. I said okay and put in our food order. Well a few hours later sil sent a text saying she would decide by wed if she was hosting.

We put in our order and won't go to her house on Christmas no matter what now. He told mil that. Well of course she tells sil that and now sil is pissed.

We could not wait until wed evening to put in a food order. I told him next year everyone needs to make their own plans. Him and sil don't talk and have no real relationship. I don't like her and wasn't calling her house.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Oh well, she wil get over it ......sooner or later, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Is it bad to hope it's later lol.

Quoting Sassy762:

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Who'd want to spend the holidays with such a dick (sil).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Butterfly1108
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Let her fester she will get over it :/

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

NOPE.....actually I  was thinking LATER as in.............5 years or more, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it bad to hope it's later lol.

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Quoting mrsbrand:

Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Who'd want to spend the holidays with such a dick (sil).

she is very self centered. My dh will have to work on the 26th and her house is about an hour away. I don't drive and dh has bad eye sight in the dark. He gets tired easily since he's a type 1 diabetic. He has to be up for work at 3am so we would leave her house basically right after we ate if we went. Plus she invites her mil and sil which is fine but then she ignores every one else.
LovinLife81
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

sounds like if she couldn't make up her mind in time not your problem really let her be pissed.

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Yeah you dodged a bullet, enjoy your party!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mrsbrand:

she is very self centered. My dh will have to work on the 26th and her house is about an hour away. I don't drive and dh has bad eye sight in the dark. He gets tired easily since he's a type 1 diabetic. He has to be up for work at 3am so we would leave her house basically right after we ate if we went. Plus she invites her mil and sil which is fine but then she ignores every one else.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Sounds good to me. Cant control her feelings and cant live life making ppl outside your marriage happy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I'm sorry, you won't go to MIL's because she's serving spaghetti?

Gosh. I thought going to see family at Christmas was about seeing family, not what food is served.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)