Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I JUST WANT TO SLEEP BUT SHE WON'T LET ME:(

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM
  • 22 Replies

I don't know what the heck is going on but some bug was going around the schools here w/the kids basically just had tummy cramps, maybe a bit of diarrhea but not always.

I thought it wasn't going to hit our house, I was wrong.  Almost 2 weeks ago both my kids got it.  Get my son back to school and the following week he is sent home w/a sore & red throat.  I told them it is allergies, always his allergies.  But they have to send them home.  So w/him of course I get a freaking letter about the days he's missed.  Well stop sending him home! He only goes to the nurse to get his cough drops, they can't keep them on them.  So it isn't like he can avoid going to the nurse. 

Now I am sitting here w/my DD holding her hair back every time she runs to the bathroom to get sick.  This is not good, we are leaving to head home for Christmas in 3 days.  I am praying she is better by then & that nobody else in this house gets whatever she has.

She is so upset bc she will be missing her classes holiday party tomorrow:( I wish I could make it better for her!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

BUMP

mstkn.identity
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM
((Hugs)) hope she feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

That is horrible......hopefully it will be one of those 24  hour bugs.

Since she is staying home tomorrow.......you two can have your own little holiday party

(((HUGS)))

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Three of my four have been throwing up since 8 o'clock. It went down the line from oldest to younger. The youngest had his puking round Saturday night. I feel your pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I thought about that, but w/her tummy this way she can't eat anything yummy:(  I'm not sure what to do.  I mean we will play games, but I'd like to make the day as much "fun" for her as possible just not sure how.

Quoting Sassy762:

Since she is staying home tomorrow.......you two can have your own little holiday party

(((HUGS)))

Siare
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM

The white diet and Pedialyte always helps my DD when she's sick. 

The white diet consists of : water, dry toast or bread, regular crackers, bananas, apples, plain rice, etc.

Also try and see if your DD can tolerate yogurt. The bacteria in it will actually really help her if she can hold it down.

GL

CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Yogurt always makes her gag, no idea why.  She's 8 & ever since she was a baby she has gagged on it.  Tried different kinds, don't know what it is.  It was weird, she did Greek Yogurt for a few weeks then all of a sudden started gagging on it.

She had some water. I normally keep Coke on hand, room temp flat coke is great at settling tummies, but I'm out & of course we don't have a 24hr store on this military post & all the gas stations close by are closed as well.  Ridiculous.

But yes tomorrow will be dry cheerios, toast, banana, rice kind of day:(

Quoting Siare:

The white diet and Pedialyte always helps my DD when she's sick. 

The white diet consists of : water, dry toast or bread, regular crackers, bananas, apples, plain rice, etc.

Also try and see if your DD can tolerate yogurt. The bacteria in it will actually really help her if she can hold it down.

GL

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I know that you already know this but I googled this food list. You could try and use food coloring to make the food....festive/Xmas colors...kwim

Feeding a sick child

Parents must carefully choose a diet for a sick child to control nausea and diarrhea. You may want to ask your child's physician to suggest a diet while your child is ill. Generally, for a child older than 12 months of age, use the following guide:

Begin with clear liquids:

• Weak tea.
  • Fat-free broth or bouillon (made with powder or cube).
  • Flavored gelatin dessert with nothing added.
  • Popsicles.
  • Soda pop.
  • Pedialyte.

If the child tolerates clear liquids, add these foods:

• Ripe banana or strained banana.
  • Cooked refined cereal with no sugar (cream of wheat or cream of rice).
  • Soda crackers or dry white toast with no butter (a small amount of jelly may be used).
  • Fat-free (uncreamed) cottage cheese.
  • Applesauce.
  • Low-fat milk.

If the vomiting and diarrhea seem to be controlled, in a day or two, you may add:

• Lean meats without gravy.
  • Eggs, not fried.
  • Mashed potatoes.
  • Cooked vegetables.
  • Canned fruit (peach, apricot or pear).
  • Plain pudding.

Avoid all other foods, especially dairy products, until all of the symptoms are gone.

Quoting CABZS:

I thought about that, but w/her tummy this way she can't eat anything yummy:(  I'm not sure what to do.  I mean we will play games, but I'd like to make the day as much "fun" for her as possible just not sure how.

Quoting Sassy762:

(((HUGS)))

CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you:)

I have some jello, maybe we will make a couple things of jello.  I have plastic "shot" cups, we can make fun layers of jello in them.

If she's up for it we will make some cookies, but I will have to wait & see.  She actually finally just fell asleep.  But of course now I'm wide awake so I'm surfing CM & Pinterest, lol.  But 6am comes early, nice thing though hubby is on half days this week so he will be home by lunch time & can let me rest. 

He tried staying up w/us, he said he felt bad bc he was gone for so long leaving me to do it all, but I told him to go to bed bc he has to be up at 5:30 to make it to PT by 6.  No point in both of us being up & exhausted tomorrow.

Quoting Sassy762:

I know that you already know this but I googled this food list. You could try and use food coloring to make the food....festive/Xmas colors...kwim

Feeding a sick child

Parents must carefully choose a diet for a sick child to control nausea and diarrhea. You may want to ask your child's physician to suggest a diet while your child is ill. Generally, for a child older than 12 months of age, use the following guide:

Begin with clear liquids:

• Weak tea.
  • Fat-free broth or bouillon (made with powder or cube).
  • Flavored gelatin dessert with nothing added.
  • Popsicles.
  • Soda pop.
  • Pedialyte.

If the child tolerates clear liquids, add these foods:

• Ripe banana or strained banana.
  • Cooked refined cereal with no sugar (cream of wheat or cream of rice).
  • Soda crackers or dry white toast with no butter (a small amount of jelly may be used).
  • Fat-free (uncreamed) cottage cheese.
  • Applesauce.
  • Low-fat milk.

If the vomiting and diarrhea seem to be controlled, in a day or two, you may add:

• Lean meats without gravy.
  • Eggs, not fried.
  • Mashed potatoes.
  • Cooked vegetables.
  • Canned fruit (peach, apricot or pear).
  • Plain pudding.

Avoid all other foods, especially dairy products, until all of the symptoms are gone.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting Sassy762:

(((HUGS)))

CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

NM, I lied we just had to run to the bathroom:(

The first time she got sick I about had a heart attack bc it was red, my hubby had to remind me she had ketchup tonight & some V8.  My brain instantly went to blood, no wonder why I suffer from anxiety!lol

Quoting Sassy762:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)