Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yea I know I'll be bashed for this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Whats next? Amusment parks? Stadiums? Its just getting so scary now a days. I went to an Amusment park a few times this year after the Aroura shooting and they had no security at all. The weird thing is that they used to!

Im not saying its a conspiracy, just saying becareful. Keep your eyes open no matter where you go. Never be afraid to report something or someone if they look suspicious. Better safe than sorry.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Bump
hello_kitty25
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

i agree! cant go anywhere!

_diva_
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Ya know the past 10 years or so after I have heard about some many things I have definitely become more aware of my surroundings. When we go into a building I always look for the closest exits and scan the room very well. I tend to have a good gut feelings about things. Anyway where I was going with that ramble is that it's sad that I have come to do that. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Loveliz03
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Yeah I'm scared for mine and my kids life!:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

When it's your time then it is your time.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM
I went to A kid restaurant on Sunday, I was glad to see a police officer keeping the peace
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Not just shootings. Violence is everywhere.

When my brother was 8 years old, three adult males pulled him off to the side and beat him to a pulp just to steal his wallet, which had nothing in it. :( My dad used to do the demolition derbies and would make us stay in the fair by ourselves while he was in the pit working on his cars.  Well, after that he started paying for us to be in the pit with him.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

We never really WERE safe - we just thought we were.  Disaster can happen at any time - tsunamis, earthquakes, floods, tornados, hurricanes.  And bombings and mass shootings.  The rest of the world seems to know this, but we somehow think we are "different."

Be alert.  The subway in NYC and the TSA use the slogan, if you see something, say something - it's a good one.  All the "security" in the world is NOT going to keep you safe.

On the other hand, you can't hide out - that isn't living.  I just spent a week in NYC - rode the subway, went into tall office buildings, walked the city streets.  I'm back home now (western WA) - we've had a windstorm.  There have been several shootings HERE too - but because they weren't little kids in a school, it doesn't get much press (plus it wasn't so many at a time).  The same day as the CT shooting, 17 people were killed in a market in the middle east - again, not much press.

Yes, look for exits.  Be wary - but mostly be alert.  Be confident.  Teach your children this.  The best way to be a victim is to act like one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)