• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update: Chicken pox?! - help!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM
  • 94 Replies
I've just been to get DS up (it's 7am here) as I could hear him calling for us. Well I've got him into bed with SO and I and we've just noticed little red spots on his back and tummy and he feels hot

First, could this be chicken pox?

And second, if it is what measures do I need to take? I'm 30 weeks pregnant with a high risk pregnancy!!

Update:
DS has chicken pox. SO took him to the doctors to confirm it and called me to let me know. At that point I called my midwife to tell her and she said I needed to stay clear of any contact with DS. So now I'm staying at my Mom's for some time whilst DS goes through chicken pox without me :( I miss my babies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovinLife81
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

it could very well be chicken pox or measles take him in imediatly to see a doc you want it on record that he has had them and the doc should be able to tell you weather to worry about the pregnancy or not.

by the way where do you live  that its 7am?

NatashaOlivia
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM
The UK.

I'm just worried because I've heard expectant mothers shouldn't be around chicken pox :/ I'll get SO to take him to the doctors. Thanks

Quoting LovinLife81:

it could very well be chicken pox or measles take him in imediatly to see a doc you want it on record that he has had them and the doc should be able to tell you weather to worry about the pregnancy or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

seriously....

not 30 seconds after a heated post about chicken pox...and now this (and several other) posts about chicken pox. 

get some original material trolls!!!

LovinLife81
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

have you had the chicken pox before?

Quoting NatashaOlivia:

The UK.

I'm just worried because I've heard expectant mothers shouldn't be around chicken pox :/ I'll get SO to take him to the doctors. Thanks

Quoting LovinLife81:

NatashaOlivia
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM
I'm not a troll! I didn't know there was a post about chicken pox

Quoting Anonymous:

seriously....

not 30 seconds after a heated post about chicken pox...and now this (and several other) posts about chicken pox. 

get some original material trolls!!!

NatashaOlivia
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM
I had a really mild case when I was younger

Quoting LovinLife81:

Quoting NatashaOlivia:

The UK.

Quoting LovinLife81:

weirdkids
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

at 30 wks you should be ok but i would talk to your dr. i gave my mom a nasty case of chicken pox when she was pergnant with my sister. i laughed about it then (i was 9 and my mom was covered in spots.... it was funny damnit) but im kinda pissed about it now. because she had it while pregnant my sister is naturally immune to it however she carries the virus (typhoid mary of chicken pox lol) she can give it to anyone that isnt vaccinated but will never ever show symptoms. my mom had her tested at the request of her school nurse because everyone in her second grade class came down with it except her and at that time it wasnt widely vaccinated for yet.

LovinLife81
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM

you should be okay but I would go make sure since you have a high risk pregnancy Good luck !!

Quoting NatashaOlivia:

Quoting LovinLife81:

Quoting NatashaOlivia:

The UK.

Quoting LovinLife81:

NatashaOlivia
Had it been that this pregnancy was normal I wouldn't be panicking so much, but I'm high risk so it's scaring me a bit.

Quoting weirdkids:

at 30 wks you should be ok but i would talk to your dr. i gave my mom a nasty case of chicken pox when she was pergnant with my sister. i laughed about it then (i was 9 and my mom was covered in spots.... it was funny damnit) but im kinda pissed about it now. because she had it while pregnant my sister is naturally immune to it however she carries the virus (typhoid mary of chicken pox lol) she can give it to anyone that isnt vaccinated but will never ever show symptoms. my mom had her tested at the request of her school nurse because everyone in her second grade class came down with it except her and at that time it wasnt widely vaccinated for yet.

NatashaOlivia
Thanks mama :)

Quoting LovinLife81:

you should be okay but I would go make sure since you have a high risk pregnancy Good luck !!

Quoting NatashaOlivia:

Quoting LovinLife81:

Quoting NatashaOlivia:

The UK.

Quoting LovinLife81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)