Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wedding drama...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I'm getting married in June and I'm having a hard time explaining to my mother that my sister is not in my wedding party because I don't like her. I love my sister but I don't like her enough to have her stand with me when I say I do. My mother thinks I'm being selfish and bratty but it's my day and I should be able to look back on my wedding photos and be happy about who I see standing next to me.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
PEEK05
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. I wouldn't pick someone to be in my wedding party because I felt obligated to.  No way.

Arabellas_Mommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Your wedding, you decision. It should consist of people you are closest to (usually best friends..or family if you're close)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Ok I recommend this only in this type of situation.... And it solves the feeling obligated to have a person in a wedding. Best part is it sounds important! But it gets the person out of your hair completely!

In my family we have a position called: "guest attendant", we also call it "the book" in my fam and its the most loathed position ever.so we make people we don't like do it. This person helps guests find their seat during the ceremony and reception. Hands out programs, directs people to the gift table, makes sure everyone signs the guest book. Like a restaurant hostess! You can have this person wear a similar dress to the bridesmaids so they feel included lol. But in reality this person will be kept so busy you won't really see them :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)