Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need.. to vent.. I swear I'm going to explode

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My daughter (2yrs old) doesn't call me mommy anymore. She calls my mom mommy. Mom loves it. She encourages it. I have to talked to her bout it, she ignores me and says I'm overreacting. Am I? Dd calls me by my name. It hurts.. And now she won't sleep in her toddler bed, bed time has become nonexistent. I'm at my wits end here. I'm a single mom, I haven't had any breaks except a few when she's sleeping. :( I need a glass of wine, and a Prozac. Haha.. I'm losing it.. lol..
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

*hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like she is spending too much time with grandma

Jers.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

That's just wrong on so many levels!  If your mother can' respect your wishs,then maybe she shouldn't spend so much time with your daughter

brandybasenberg
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM
I dont think you are. Its disrespectful. ((((hugs)))))))))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Tell your mom she's crazy and your going to see about having her committed. See if she stops
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
She babysits while I work. I don't have a choice but for her to spend time with her. I can't afford daycare. I'm thinking of putting in for some vacation time, and not having my mother over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like she is spending too much time with grandma

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Sounds like its time to lay down your law. If your mom says you're overreacting tell her that you don't care. You're a mom now and when it comes to your daughter you make the rules. I had to do this when the my kids thought they could go over my head to my mom for things they wanted that I had already said no for and she would give it to them. You're a mother and still a daughter but you're an adult and still want to raise your child how you want.
mstkn.identity
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM
If you aren't comfortable with it your mom should respect that.

My 4 yr old use to call me mom, my mom mom and my dad dad, but it didn't bother me.

Now I'm "mommy" or "mommy Tori" my mom is "oni" or "mommy oni" and my dad is "dadidoh"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.DebB
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:22 AM
The only person my kids are allowed to call mommy is me.
Based on previous familial issues, if someone was trying to get my kids to call them mommy, they would not be seeing my kids anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessesbride
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Maybe you should call your mom by her given name & correct your daughter (even in front of your mom)  & tell her that her name is_____!  & correct your daughter when she calls Gma by YOUR name!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)