Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dont wanna be screwed over.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I'm going back to school next month to get my AS in Culinary Arts, but I'm worried, because chefs dont really make much as it is. I do not want to waste time, opportunity and anything else, doing this, even though it'd help me get a job in what I love. Feel torn between reality and this economy. Well fuck, what else could I do?? what do you ladies recommend? 

(I could never be a nurse, the sight of needles makes me faint or nauseous)

(I'm hard of hearing so keep that in mind! )

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:14 AM
Bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:18 AM
3 moms liked this

What is better, making money doing something you hate, or making little money doing something you love and perhaps creating something that tastes so awesome you could sell it to cook books and make tons of money you didn't think you ever would? Really though I would go with doing something you love.

fanci64
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Money will not make you happy if you spend your life having to do something you hate. Chefs can make very good money when they are good at their craft. Do what you love and do it well. Good luck to you.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this

This!

Oh, and take ASL too, It can be quite lucrative.

Quoting fanci64:

Money will not make you happy if you spend your life having to do something you hate. Chefs can make very good money when they are good at their craft. Do what you love and do it well. Good luck to you.

With light and love

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:34 AM
I'm in school for respiratory therapy =)
NNB
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:39 AM
Do something u love, u only live once. I LOVE art, so im studying graphic design :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Quoting Lunarprancer:

This!

Oh, and take ASL too, It can be quite lucrative.

Quoting fanci64:

Thanks for all of the advice so far, I've taken ASL in high school.My hearing loss wasnt discovered untiil I was 5 and then they chose to work on my speech rather than teach me sign along with it. I'll consider everything that was said 

krayzbabylove
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:37 AM
My advice. Dont waste that much money to learn to do something you aren't sure about. Make a decision about what you want to do first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breydans_mommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Reality is that profession is something you have to be passionate with in order to suceed. With that said if is really your passion and you have a great talent (like dont waste the time and money toburn eggs) then you have a really great chance of becoming a well paid and often requested chef. Its not going to that way straight out of school, so you do realize that a successfull well paid career in culinary arts is going to be a rough ride until BOOM!! You make the big time rolling it in doing something you love. What is better than that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:46 AM
You may have to work ridiculous hours for a while too. Culinary is a hard career, you need to make sure you're prepared before spending all that money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)