Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Donate or sell?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM
  • 22 Replies

Trying to determine what I should do with some stuff.  I have this

which my son has outgrown, and its in pretty good condition.  He didn't get to ride it much because he is the size of an 8-9 year old and is only 5 so he outgrew it quickly.  We bought him a different one that should accommodate him until he is about 7-8 years old.  It is used so I can't donate it to say toys for tots or anything because all those want new toys.    Would you sell it or donate it?  Local places to donate here are Goodwill and Salvation Army.  

I also have an Ameda breastpump, which I am not sure what to do with.  It was hardly used but brand new it was pretty expensive (the whole set is like $300).   What on earth do I do with it??

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I would try Craigslist first. If they don't sell after a week, either lower the price or donate. 

CrimsonRadiance
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:11 AM

I was going to say this... 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would try Craigslist first. If they don't sell after a week, either lower the price or donate. 

3lilmonsters88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Craigslist and eBay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilblu399
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:12 AM
Sell both, maybe half the price or so? Can the pump be used for more than one person? I know there are different types of pumps plus whoever buys it would buy new tubing and stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:12 AM
I would look for a local FB page and try to sell your stuff there. Maybe find a moms page.

I don't donate to goodwill because they already have enough worthless crap. I don't like goodwill lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:12 AM

I hear that the salvation army was/is anti-gay

I would donate to goodwill or a local thrift shop. Selling is a pain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyoftwoluvs
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Donate it to me lol Jk
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sorcha1945
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Might try Craigslist (hate doing Craigslist though because you generally get about 50 phone calls and if you are lucky you wind up being able to sell the item); but ebay wouldn't really work for the golf cart due to shipping; but that shouldn't be a problem with the breast pump.

sorcha1945
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:17 AM

LOL, well if you are anywhere near central valley of California and NEED a gift for your munchkin I would be happy to. :-)

Quoting Mommyoftwoluvs:

Donate it to me lol Jk

LovinLife81
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Yup good idea.

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

I was going to say this... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)