Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sandy Hook School

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

What do you think will be done with the school once they are done with investigating?  It probably won't be able to be used as a school ever again.  Some students have said they'll never go back there.  

What would you like to see done with the school?  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:30 AM
3 moms liked this
Raze it to the ground. Build a memorial site for those lost. Perhaps a pretty park.
3lilmonsters88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Tear it down and make it into something pretty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I would burn it to the ground, clear it out and bulid a nice park with a huge memorial.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Great idea... a park :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Raze it to the ground. Build a memorial site for those lost. Perhaps a pretty park.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:37 AM
3 moms liked this
They re-opened columbine, why should this be different?
Djinn83
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:40 AM
3 moms liked this

I think they should reopen it. Why tear down a school? Why cover up the heroics and dedication of those teachers? I would keep it open, as a big fuck you to Adam Lanza. You don't sweep a tragedy like this under the rug. What happened there needs to be remembered, as painful as it may be. Those children teachers need to be honored by reopen ing the school and making it the best damn school in the country. 

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I feel that any school that is the scene of a massacre should be closed for good. Children need to feel safe at school. I personally would NEVER send my child to a campus that had seen such horrors.

Quoting Anonymous:

Djinn83
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I went to UT Austin. Every year we gathered around the bell tower in remembrance. It reminded me to stop bitching about my work load, to remember that every day is a joy just to be alive, and that I can fulfill my dream, while others will never be able to. It drove me to work harder and appreciate the opportunity the school provided, Instead of bitching about term papers and finals.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel that any school that is the scene of a massacre should be closed for good. Children need to feel safe at school. I personally would NEVER send my child to a campus that had seen such horrors.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Children also need to know that things will get better & that the school took steps to make them "safer."

Going to a different school isnt going to change the fear they have of going to school again.

Call me cold & callus but it is best to face the fear or they will live w/it forever.

Changes should be made, but I don't think they should close it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:47 AM

That's what I was thinking.  I am also sure Va tech is still operating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)