Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

never knew waiting for my dream house to be built would be sooo stressful!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
y dream house will be finished no later than July!!!! It's driving me crazy!!!!! I can't sleep I'm so excited because we just signed papers on it today lol I love my dh he is giving me everything I want. Quote ''this is YOUR house do as you please money is not a problem''
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:04 AM

You are sooo lucky! This is so not my dream house I don't even like it. When we were looking for a house we couldn't find anything good and i wanted to rent and keep looking my husband said no and liked this one. I told him when he signed the offer on it I didn't like it. The Realtor put down her pen and asked why she was even writing an offer. Well she wrote it and he signed it and they went for it and I hate it!  He knows I hate it. He even bought me a chain saw carved bear that sits next to the front door he says Welcome & I hate this house!

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Wow. Good man! My dream house....=( will forever stay only a dream house. 

Bonita131
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Is there a point to your self centered post?

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Same here. We settled there was absolutely nothing out there. Except I wanted into a house and gave in to his 'positive way of thinking' the school system sucks ass (educationally wise its great bullying wise they do nothing and my kids a target!) I want to sell SO bad but the market still sucks so bad here it hasn't even tried to bounce back yet. =\

Quoting wooly:

You are sooo lucky! This is so not my dream house I don't even like it. When we were looking for a house we couldn't find anything good and i wanted to rent and keep looking my husband said no and liked this one. I told him when he signed the offer on it I didn't like it. The Realtor put down her pen and asked why she was even writing an offer. Well she wrote it and he signed it and they went for it and I hate it!  He knows I hate it. He even bought me a chain saw carved bear that sits next to the front door he says Welcome & I hate this house!

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Our market never dropped. He told me I could sell it in a year and find something that I liked but I'm sick and that was 14 yrs ago. We've done everything you coild possibly think of to this house and I still don't like it. We've put in hardwood floors, tile in the kitchen, he re did the kitchen cabinets. We replaced the ceiling in the living room didning room, and kitchen. We've resided the house and replaced the deck and added a mud room. it's all been painted inside. We've remodeled both bathrooms. The only thing left to do is a new roof and we're figuring a couple of years from now we'll do that. It's still not what I want.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Same here. We settled there was absolutely nothing out there. Except I wanted into a house and gave in to his 'positive way of thinking' the school system sucks ass (educationally wise its great bullying wise they do nothing and my kids a target!) I want to sell SO bad but the market still sucks so bad here it hasn't even tried to bounce back yet. =\

Quoting wooly:

PM me for more info and a FREE sample of

All natural anti- aging Skin Care- Never tested on animals!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Point is what?
breydans_mommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Please tell me you do not live in oklahoma and are having the ebezzeling jerk i worked for build it. If so hope your signature disapears off the contract and run like hell.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah those things take time. But you know what.... it's so worth the wait. I love my  house. It took us forever to move in, still trying to furnish it, but I am so happy, I'm still just as excited as I was before we moved in.

By the way, your husband is one of the best. Of course he comes second to my husband. LOL Congrats!

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Wow thats a lot of work for a house you don't like. Is it just the layout? The one thing I did get was massive living room and open floor plan for kitchen/dinning living. We've remodeled but we're very short on space. Inside and out. 

Quoting wooly:

Our market never dropped. He told me I could sell it in a year and find something that I liked but I'm sick and that was 14 yrs ago. We've done everything you coild possibly think of to this house and I still don't like it. We've put in hardwood floors, tile in the kitchen, he re did the kitchen cabinets. We replaced the ceiling in the living room didning room, and kitchen. We've resided the house and replaced the deck and added a mud room. it's all been painted inside. We've remodeled both bathrooms. The only thing left to do is a new roof and we're figuring a couple of years from now we'll do that. It's still not what I want.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Quoting wooly:

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Wow, good for you!  I can't imagine how excited you must be.  When can you move in?  Best wishes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)