Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2yo went missing and I hate myself for it

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:56 AM
  • 16 Replies
Just 2 days after his 2nd birthday. I was straightening my 17yo sisters hair, my mum and her partner was on the kitchen, my DF asleep. somehow my son managed to slip pass the kitchen, open the front door screen (guessing he climbed) put a pair of pink shoes on and walk around the corner. He was only "missing" for a few minutes but Oh my gosh I hate myself. what if something had happened ? I would have never forgave myself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Frightening. You need to child proof more. Child locks or door alarms...
Meghan6391
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:59 AM
My son snuck out of his bedroom one morning when he was 2 and wondered outside chasing the cat and the neighbor lady brought him home he was only in a diaper and it was about 9 and my husband was still in bed. Sad thing is we had safety handles on all the doors and he still got out. We now have chains on the doors he can't escape now
krunchykorn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:59 AM
The first thing on my list this week!

Quoting Mychele:

Frightening. You need to child proof more. Child locks or door alarms...

krunchykorn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:01 AM
Its scary! I don't know how he got the door open!

Quoting Meghan6391:

My son snuck out of his bedroom one morning when he was 2 and wondered outside chasing the cat and the neighbor lady brought him home he was only in a diaper and it was about 9 and my husband was still in bed. Sad thing is we had safety handles on all the doors and he still got out. We now have chains on the doors he can't escape now

Meghan6391
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:02 AM
Kids are tricky little devils

Quoting krunchykorn:

Its scary! I don't know how he got the door open!

Quoting Meghan6391:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:04 AM
We were taking antique portraits at walmart and I was in the changing room (actually pretty much a curtain) and my middle walked out and the lil one (21 mo) followed her out I said O grab your Sis and even though my DH was out there I had a bad feeling so I peeked out the curtain to find DH digging in basket unaware and the baby walked out the door!!! I freaked and said B!! where is the baby some lady said " she walked out " OMG seriously ppl saw her but didn't stop her?? Some othe lady ended up walking her backing the store. This was a matter of one minute that FAST!! so yea I understand your panic!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, don't be so hard on yourself, momma.  All kids wander, unless you keep them on a leash 24/7.  All you have to do is blink and the little buggers are gone. 

fanci64
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:08 AM
I was walking my dog the other morning early, 630 or so and the little boy a couple houses down was outside in his footy PJ's calling out for his dad. It was cold and very windy. I stayed outside until his dad finally came out and scooped him up. He was not happy, it looked like he was in the shower. I'm not sure how he got out but his dad was letting him have it. I just kept walking the dog to make sure he stayed in the yard.
krunchykorn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:09 AM

I just thought what if a car had came around that corner? He wouldnt be here and I would never forgive myself!

Quoting Anonymous:

Aww, don't be so hard on yourself, momma.  All kids wander, unless you keep them on a leash 24/7.  All you have to do is blink and the little buggers are gone. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I am Co-Sleeping, Co-Bathing, Pro-Choice, Non Circumcising, C-sectioned, Mix Feeding, Baby Wearing, Tattooed and Pierced AUSTRALIAN Mummy :)
krunchykorn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I screamed "JAYDEN!" he laughed and ran then stopped turned around and said "walk park" and pointed down the street... Hes to smart for his own good!

Quoting fanci64:

I was walking my dog the other morning early, 630 or so and the little boy a couple houses down was outside in his footy PJ's calling out for his dad. It was cold and very windy. I stayed outside until his dad finally came out and scooped him up. He was not happy, it looked like he was in the shower. I'm not sure how he got out but his dad was letting him have it. I just kept walking the dog to make sure he stayed in the yard.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I am Co-Sleeping, Co-Bathing, Pro-Choice, Non Circumcising, C-sectioned, Mix Feeding, Baby Wearing, Tattooed and Pierced AUSTRALIAN Mummy :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)