Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:15 AM
  • 5 Replies

This week is hell! Sunday night my brother told me to always be prepared to go to the ER, I fall down the stairs. My husband told me that he had a feeling the starter was going to go out while we were at the ER and it went out this morning. We were supposed to go up to Traverse City for Christmas but the starter went out so that sucks up all the money we were going to use to travel! It's only Tuesday!!!! Are there any other bad predictions for the week?

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:18 AM

I hate to say this but bad things always come in three's Ive counted 2 so far 1)Er and 2) starter. God I hope for you there is no #3. I hope your luck changes sending you good luck vibes right now:)

RainieDaze
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:25 AM

I know how you feel, my hubby was laid off from work on 11-26 and I was due for our first child 12-12 (baby still hasn't come though...) so obviously I can't work. Hubby has been job searching for 2 months now with no luck, so he was going to go back into the army. So we were all excited we at least felt a little bit secure. He went in to MEPS (the 2 day physical exam) and at the end found out the recruiter he had been working with hadn't gotten his paperwork in on time and his MOS capped out 1 week before hand. He can't switch his MOS because he is color blind, so he can't go back into the army. Our savings is gone. We have no money, neither of us have a job, luckily bills are all paid off til February just about but if he can't find a job before that we are seriously screwed. No family or friends in this state. I am seriously stressed out! So, yeah, I feel for you! I know how frustrated you must feel!

Oh and PS my hubby is a very good worker, great resume, just doesn't have a college degree...that's why he hasn't been able to find a job. This economy is so competetive. Makes me wanna go live in a tent somwhere in the wilderness!

MrsErdos2011
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Thank you. It figures that it's the week the world is supposedly ending. I hope that not number 3.... 

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate to say this but bad things always come in three's Ive counted 2 so far 1)Er and 2) starter. God I hope for you there is no #3. I hope your luck changes sending you good luck vibes right now:)

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

MrsErdos2011
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope he finds a job soon!! Also I hope you have an easy lasbor and delivery

Quoting RainieDaze:

I know how you feel, my hubby was laid off from work on 11-26 and I was due for our first child 12-12 (baby still hasn't come though...) so obviously I can't work. Hubby has been job searching for 2 months now with no luck, so he was going to go back into the army. So we were all excited we at least felt a little bit secure. He went in to MEPS (the 2 day physical exam) and at the end found out the recruiter he had been working with hadn't gotten his paperwork in on time and his MOS capped out 1 week before hand. He can't switch his MOS because he is color blind, so he can't go back into the army. Our savings is gone. We have no money, neither of us have a job, luckily bills are all paid off til February just about but if he can't find a job before that we are seriously screwed. No family or friends in this state. I am seriously stressed out! So, yeah, I feel for you! I know how frustrated you must feel!

Oh and PS my hubby is a very good worker, great resume, just doesn't have a college degree...that's why he hasn't been able to find a job. This economy is so competetive. Makes me wanna go live in a tent somwhere in the wilderness!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM
end of the world on friday, just sayin
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)