Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My nerves are shot with DH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies
He has compleyely changed. Over the first couple years we were together he was extremely responsible. We split bills, always were on time. He would take a shower not long after he got home from work. Things were great. Once DH and I had our first big fight, things slowly changed. (we had worked things out and were fine again) I noticed a lot of days he wasn't brushing his teeth. Then I started to notice a lot of huge bills. I'd ask him why he wasn't paying them. He said he was, but only little at a time (with like cable and phone) so we could have more spending money. I had to put an end to that. Next came the showers. It went from skipping a couple of days, to literally now taking a shower 4-6 times a month! Gag. I've talked to his multiple times. Finally I had enough and said until he was showering daily I would not have sex. That worked for a while. He still tries to get me to have sex all the time. He doesn't understand why I want preform oral, but even when he does shower I still find it gross for the fact it was his first shower in a week. On top of that I feel like I have to baby him. He literally will put something down, can't find it, then ask me what I did with it. Then i'll find it in an obvious place. He misplaced his belt, found it on the bathroom door handle, misplaces keys all the time, his hat. Not to mention a handful of times we were about to go to bed and I noticed he left the oven still on, there's been times he's left the doors unlocked when we went to bed. I feel like I have to walk him through everything, because he,literally just won't do it if I don't ask. I have to remind him to pay his bills, shower, brush his teeth, etc. then he calls me a control freak, and uptight. So I back off, because being his mommy is stressful. Then what happens? He starts not showering, not brushing teeth, forgetting to do this and that. So I start doing the walk through again and I hate it. He tried to have sex last night, but I was stressed cause of course we had to hunt down that charger he thought me or the cats moved, and of course it was in an obvious place. So I literally say I want to have sex with a man, not a child. Harsh, I know, but i'm just tired. People are human, people lose things, people forget to turn off the oven, etc, but this is literally an everyday thing. WTF did I wake up to today!? I opened the cup cabnit and there is literally our gallon of milk in it!! He had cookies and milk and put the milk in there!! If he wasn't always doing shit like that, I probably would of laughed. Not to mention last night we got pulled over because he was acting obnoxious singing a song, I told him to pay attention, and he ran a stop sign. Well slowed down, but never completely stopped and rolled through. I told him today that he's exhausting. I said either you are just lazy and don't pay attention, or you have something wrong to the point you can't remember hardly anything and need to.go to the dr. I loce him, but this relationship is tiring, and no I'm not going to divorce.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
margo2322
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Wow this has to be super hard. Maybe something is wrong mentally maybe u should ask a doctor
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
margo2322
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:25 AM
I would die if dh didnt shower
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Sounds like he's going through something.
Also sounds like your name is Erin?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. If he isn't just not paying attention than I need him to go

Quoting margo2322:

Wow this has to be super hard. Maybe something is wrong mentally maybe u should ask a doctor

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I know it's literally gross

Quoting margo2322:

I would die if dh didnt shower

Jcothrine
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:27 AM

i think he is suffering from a mental illness.... maybe depression..maybe something more serious.....

JC

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:28 AM
No my name starts with a C lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like he's going through something.

Also sounds like your name is Erin?

margo2322
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:29 AM
My nerves are shot with my step kids they dont like to shower or brush thier teeth. I feel u
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:30 AM
Thank you. I am beyond ready to get it all figured out. I want the majoriry of the time, stress free relationship back.

Quoting Jcothrine:

i think he is suffering from a mental illness.... maybe depression..maybe something more serious.....

JC

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:30 AM
I don't know how anyone could stand not to be clean.

Quoting margo2322:

My nerves are shot with my step kids they dont like to shower or brush thier teeth. I feel u

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)