Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stop putting a autistic/introverted label on the shooter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
He was just evil plain and simple. If he can kill his own mother he is evil plain and simple. I dont care what pyschobabble you tell me i will forever think he is evil. Im tired of people always putting labels on bad people oh he only killed thos kids cause he was autistic he couldnt help it. Some people are just bad my mother is autistic was bullied but wouldnt shoot a school up, ive even went to school witha few autistic boys who were very angry at times but they always felt guilty and stopped within minutes....some people like doing bad things get over it learn,not everyone shits rainbows, cafemom shouldve taught u that
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
beachbabies6
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:31 AM

completely agree

AleaKat
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:32 AM
Completely agree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM

you do realize that he was an Aspie with ODD - and was taught how to shoot.

i have an ASD son, and my biggest fear, because he lacks "theroy of mind" is he will one day become a psycho.. not all ASD children lack TOM.  many do, but if caught early enough it can be taught (which we are teaching him now)

while i do NOT agree all spectrum people are bad, his ODD/gun training/Aspie tendencies do play a role...

just because the people you know arent like that doesnt mean they are all saints...

i hate the fact that whenever a tragedy hits like this the shooter is ASD, but combine it with no intervention and other psychosis disorders and you have a molotov cocktail waiting to explode.

msmoody
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry but I disagree. I'm obviously not saying he did this because he might have been autistic, but he was clearly suffering from some kind of deep mental illness. My brother is mentally ill, and I know first hand how difficult it can be to find treatment. The resources simply aren't always there. Mental health facilities are closing across the country. I don't believe evil exists. I believe illness can cause people to commit evil acts, and until this country stops ignoring the millions with mental health issues, all the debates about gun control and religion won't matter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:34 AM

i guess i should add, i dont think we need stronger gun control, i think we need more mental health awareness and funding to help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:40 AM
I do believe there are just bad evil people but i do believe that there needs to be more mental health care

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i guess i should add, i dont think we need stronger gun control, i think we need more mental health awareness and funding to help.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)